• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

project turbo 16v 740

well we took this car 750 miles to SE8, Kenny worked some tuning magic and we saw 370whp on pump gas, drove it 750 miles back and it didn't break!

what a first for this car. it may soon be out of "piece of ****" status, if it continues to operate reliably.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

Last edited:
I think I shall give up on the C70 18" mesh rims and just stick a set of the 17's like on your 740 onto my car. Looks good except the front bumper, and the engine is hotness.

definitely doesn't look/go like a $500 volvo no more.

After driving this down to SE & back it almost spoiled driving the S2000. The first time I got back into the S2k it actually felt slow and the generally heavy clutch felt like one out of a Corolla.

Matt's car is really well put together and with minor suspension updates would just about finish it. Personally I would tint the windows too.

thanks everyone, and yeah, the a/c works, i promised myself i would make sure it has working a/c no matter what i do with it.

on those really hot, humid days, robbing a couple of hp for cold air is just fine.

still have a few things to do but it is getting close to what i dreamed of 18 months ago.

also, Todd, do you have a video of the dyno run? if you have one i would like to see it sometime when you get a chance.

getting ready to convert to solid cam followers here soon. all 16v people should do it, the HLA's have an inherant trait of sucking.

renault cam followers coming tonight, need to figure out what year ford 4.6 valve springs to get.

rockauto only shows springs available for a 1996 2v 4.6 v8, can't seem to find anything later, maybe because they are beehive or something?

the car is running well, i need to get some items to allow me to raise the boost, anyway we went to the drag strip and ran some rather unimpressive times but it does have some power. a good driver could make it into the 12's on street tires.

thanks to a bunch of poorly built v8's that blew up or spilled crap on the track, i only got three runs in.

13.4 @ ???mph (slip said 138mph on that one so i don't know the actual speed)
13.5 @ 110mph
13.6 @ 110mph

we'll have to get some more track time next year to get the times down, give me some time to mess with things this winter.

Back