• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

Does this kit yet survive?????

John V,

Are we just glimpsing into past glory here, or does this squirterizational kit yet live????

I've got an 85 small journal (55diam. mains) block that is awaiting a 2.5L stroker PENTA and 16V head with a (TBD) turbo on a 90+ ported manifold.....retrofit. I've read that these squirters can NOT be retrofitted to that block, but from the top down on this graybeard thread I don't see that disclaimer.....seems like if the oil galley is THERE on my old school block, this mod. should function fine.

Please advise, oh great one!

Last edited:
John V,

Are we just glimpsing into past glory here, or does this squirterizational kit yet live????

I've got an 85 small journal (55diam. mains) block that is awaiting a 2.5L stroker PENTA and 16V turbo retrofit. I've read that these squirters can NOT be retrofitted to that block, but from the top down on this graybeard thread I don't see that disclaimer.....seems like if the oil galley is THERE on my old school block, this mod. should function fine.

Please advise, oh great one!

Yes it lives, in fact it's living a nice cushy life just a few feet from me curled up in front of the fireplace, i swear the kit is purring....

I can see no reason these can't work in your block, journals are journals, galley is galley und bef?l ist bef?l!!!

Yes it lives, in fact it's living a nice cushy life just a few feet from me curled up in front of the fireplace, i swear the kit is purring....

I can see no reason these can't work in your block, journals are journals, galley is galley und bef?l ist bef?l!!!

Understood, and the response I expected! Well, hook a brother up! How? Where? When?

I believe I already know the WHY and the WHO.

Please advise.....PM, phone, email, semafore......something!

John,

I just got a ~200ish hr volvo penta early B230 in parts, I plan to swap the forged crank and large rods from the B21 parts motor into this block and wish to do the oil squirters as well. This motor is headed for a boat and I think it's a good idea for a 4000rpm + @ cruise motor.
I would guess that being it's a marine engine it already has a HV oil pump and I won't need to mess with it?
I'd like to have you supply the squirters as well please. These include the banjo bolts and sealing washers?

John,

I just got a ~200ish hr volvo penta early B230 in parts, I plan to swap the forged crank and large rods from the B21 parts motor into this block and wish to do the oil squirters as well. This motor is headed for a boat and I think it's a good idea for a 4000rpm + @ cruise motor.
I would guess that being it's a marine engine it already has a HV oil pump and I won't need to mess with it?
I'd like to have you supply the squirters as well please. These include the banjo bolts and sealing washers?

Call after 0930 and I'll fill you in one swapping B230 parts into B21s, won't happen,

Houston, the Eagle has landed!

Kit safely in my hands.....will plan to squirter-ize my 85 block in the next week(s). Advise me if you want it returned to Seattle or shipped onward to Old 51.

Call after 0930 and I'll fill you in one swapping B230 parts into B21s, won't happen,

Yep got the calipers out and discovered that. Good thing is the B21 block has ~5/16" of meat between the coolant ports and the cylinders so I think I'm good to overbore it to 96mm.

has anybody checked to see if this thing lines up with a b20? the blocks look very similar in that area other than the lack of the flat bit. thanks, Kirk

Anyone thought about installing 8 squirters per motor?
Just curious....
Seems like I've seen twins on Acura's GSR motors...
John, I'm going to give you a call when I get a moment regarding a B23 block and new pistons and rings. I was hoping to stay with the one I have a re-use the bearings and all the bottom end stuff, it's got very little wear....maybe 300-400hrs. Appears that the top end got water in it was why it's rusty.
I'd like to build something that really moves, all the boat guys are giving me crap about not using a 4.3L or 5.0L chev instead, I think a hot B23 would exceed the performance due to being over 400#'s lighter on top of having better fuel efficiency...
I'll be looking at a 15% weight savings on top of anymore umph I can get out of the 4-cylinder.

has anybody checked to see if this thing lines up with a b20? the blocks look very similar in that area other than the lack of the flat bit. thanks, Kirk
They DO look very similar. I'm planning on borrowing/renting the kit in a month or two for my B23. If nobody chimes in on that before then, I'd be willing to test-mount it on my stripped-down spare B20, and report back.

Squirter kit heading home.....

As JVAB is in the hospital right now, I didn't get any request to forward the kit to the next user.....so I"ll wrap it up and ship back towards Seattle today.

Back