• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Next problem, hick ups and revving

pwaes

After this thread, we got to this thread and now I have a new problem.

for those not willing to read the other threads, this is the setup:

b230ft
531 ported - flowed
ck1 camshaft
siemens deka 630cc injectors
90+ manifold ported
t04e turbo
full 3 inch with v-band exhaust
m90 gearbox
stock intercooler (npr on the way, i know)
tloa chips, ezk and ecu

Following is happening, started driving with 0.45 bar (6-7 psi of boost) and car was not really feeling the higher revs. Boost pressure is stable and stays perfect. Stationary is perfect and revving in neutral is no promblen. When driving, revving from 5000 until 6000 was not fast and 6000+ was not really happening. Upped the boost to see if this would change anything, but 14 psi+ was not happening because of hick-ups (the good, motor-shaking hick-ups, where you let go of the throttle).

From then it got worse. Hick-ups from 2000+ and on cruising speed my AEM wideband showed 10-11 AFR. 26 lites of EURO 98 and we only travelled 140 km.. Checked the complete timing, set everything to 0 and helped nothing (was already on 0). Now it is making hick-ups, even at cruising, and on 0.4 bar does not want to make revs but does travel to the redline of 6800. When changing gears from 2nd to 3rd with WOT it is making the severe hick-ups.

What to do in order to check what is wrong? :grrr:

Check for loose ground wire? Check that where the wires ground in the intake manifold isn't / aren't loose?

I know that may sound outrageous but I had a similar issue that turned out to be just that.

BUT, since I'm not sure what's meant by hickup, and this is happening regardless of manifold pressure reading (meaning it's not spark blowout), the coil could be failing.

I've never heard of intermittent fuel pump relays, but that would be something to check as well.

Lastly, this being LH 2.4, make sure the RPM sensor is good. First make sure it's connection is good and the wiring is OK.

Come to think of it, you would be getting codes if it's the RPM sensor right? I don't remember. It's been a couple of years since I had a 2.4 car.

I assumed you have 2.4 based on have chips from TLAO. Is it 2.4 or 2.2?

If 2.2, you'll also want to check that blasted Radio Suppression Relay.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check the wires, some other sources also point at the coil. I'll report back when I've sorted out some things. It must be something big, it revs ok in neutral, stays stationary very well but with load is bumps and shakes.. :(

Oh and it is lh2.4

Last edited:
Back