home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 09-01-2019, 01:38 AM   #1
OhYou_

Default Whiteblock conversion

Hello.
I'm looking for any information or advice on how to get one of these engines to start and run as a standalone system with as little components from the donorar as I can.
I currently grabbed the B5254T3 engine itself, the M66 that was attached to it, entire loom and ecu, and ignition switch + key.
I left the entire engine loom alone, undoing only the positive battery lead and the large plug that went to the drivers side fuse box. So it should all be complete

Would there be anything else I need from that specific car to satisfy the immobilizer?
Does anyone know how to wire up the key switch and throttle pedal now? I am hoping it doesn't require the BCM.

Thanks all.
OhYou_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:43 AM   #2
Lankku
Board Member

I'll assume the donor is around -04 or newer V70/S60/S80? You'll need CEM for the immobilizer and other functions go through it too. If the donor is -04 or newer S40/V50/C30 or V70III/etc. then you'll need at least the BCM for immobilizer and other functions.

Easiest way would be to use an aftermarket ECU with drive by wire capability.

Last edited by Lankku; 09-01-2019 at 05:49 AM..
Lankku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
OhYou_

Do I need the BCM from that specific car or would any do? It was a 05 S40.
Unfortunately I cant go standalone until the car is certified with the state with the new engine. It must be all oem.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
Lankku
Board Member

Yep, you need the BCM from that car. Immobilizer is coded to it. There could be someone who can reprogram a used one but normally they are locked after first time and can not be changed.
Lankku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #5
OhYou_

Ok I went back to the junkyard today and I got the CEM as well as both front looms.
I'm currently weeding through the issues of running it standalone, and I'm already running into weird issues.
I have a wiring diagram for the car, but it seems to be incorrect or I must have possibly missed some wiring.
For instance, red wire coming off the SCU shows that it goes to F22 in the engine bay, but instead it goes to a connector that went to the floor loom I left behind.
At some point I'm going to build my own harness but for simplicity, I'll get it working on the oem harness.

But it does seem to be working and detecting the key. I need to get the cluster functional and I will see if it has any immo errors.