• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T3/T4 not spooling in first

Not sure how you're getting brown tops to work. 2.2 has very little room for adjustment- I couldn't even get 940 turbo injectors to run properly(tried stock AND chipped ecu), and they are only 10% bigger than stock. Brown tops are about 30% larger iirc.

I made 209whp and 230ft/lbs tqs on brown tops/lh2.2 on a B21F+T. You have to turn the adjuster screw a lot to lean it out enough but it can be done.

Update: during may timing belt job, I think I found the issue... turbo was blown. I took of the intake pipe and wiggled the thing and instantly I knew. Blades of the compressor and turbine had hit the walls and begun bending on the ends. Due to the very obvious wheel and core damage to the turbo, I decided to swap on a new eBay turbo vs rebuilding. Found a ?57 trim? (calculated to be more like a 47 trim) on my local classifieds site and ended up picking it up for $50 Cad. As you know the eBay turbos have an odd exhaust flange so I managed to swap the hot side to that of my old turbo (with an exhaust flange I could use). It took a little bit of dremel work to make it clear but it eventually worked without any binding (even while pushing to the sides and turning). I mounted it up yesterday and things already seem MUCH better. I can now build 5psi + in neutral where as I was barely able to break 0 with the old turbo. Haven?t had the chance to drive it yet but I?m excited.

Well here's a big bump of an old thread... So I finally got a compressor and did a boost leak test. The biggest issue I was found is that because the PCV system is T'ed to a vacuum line going to the intake manifold, any boost testing also pressurized the crankcase. This promptly revealed a leak at the base of the oil separator box which I fixed with some new O-rings. Because the crankcase was being pressurized I also noticed pressure leaking from the compressor housing of the turbo coming up through the oil drain. I am going to put a check valve on that vacuum line tomorrow to see what else I can discover without pressurizing the crankcase. I also purchased a compression tester to finally check the health of my cylinders. I will update soon.

I installed a check valve on the little vacuum line coming off the PCV T and performed another boost leak test. Obviously the engine held pressure much better this time now that my test pressure wasn?t just being blown into the PCV system through that vacuum line. Revealed a leak around 20psi on the piston shaft of my external wastegate. I had a feeling this wastegate was an issue and had already purchased a replacement. Installed the replacement and haven?t tested again yet. Here?s hoping for no more boost leaks.

Back