• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Building a TwinScroll Header

I've tried local Laser centres.. they want 70 bucks each.. same as ordering in Sweden.. im searching a store where such a flange only costs 35 bucks.. which is a much more adequade price for a pice of metal with holes in it in my eyes... man.. pricey stuff.. grml

For example last year I cut 2 3-cylinder whiteblock flanges, 2 T3 flanges, 2 TD04 downpipe flanges (for a t6 bi-turbo project). Took roughly 90 minutes to cut them, 10 mm stainless. At a rate of ~100 euro an hour all-in, thats easily 200 euro with material when the drawing is correct and doesn't need fixing (errors are almost guaranteed when you use free software like google sketchup). The machine itself costs ~300K and needs to pay for itself too, including some new parts every 50 hours or so. Stainless steel 10 mm is ~500 euro/m2. It is an expensive hobby, i know what you mean :lol:

You have a plasmacutter? make a nice wooden pattern as a guide and cut them yourself? Not that hard.

I once tried that... :D

Plasma Cut that 12mm SS they said... ..will be fun they said... :roll:

It ended up in SS Sugar all over the place ;) my Plasmacutter only does 50A

Thx for the offer, got some flanges now :)

So.. how do you merge oval to round? I would make a jig and slamming the **** out of a piece of tube until in fits ;) Any suggestions? Would you tuck it into the flange or onto?

Nah, just a few pieces of plastic/wood so the teeth don't mar/scratch the surface. That's how I did the oval runners on my header :e-shrug:

re1IZezl.jpg

please help me to position my turbo and flange..

i bought a hx35ii for a good price and thats the turbo i always wanted.. it is settled now ;)

i will post some pics tomorrow but until then id like to see some hx35 in the enginebay.

setup will be like 2 wastegates, one on each scroll directly before the flange so there will be not much room.. i would like to have it topmounted just for the looks but where ;) engine is tilted and it has water also. better to have it centered between 2-3 or like the rsi one far forward ?

Started to fiddle around with my bandsaw to get some decent cuts to fab a collector.. havent found the best way, but i got 2 scrolls welded together yesterday looking not that bad :)

Back