• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Big or little? 89 Berty

tomwas

Oldbie
Swapped my factory stainless caps with the small Volvo center cap, takes a little getting used to, think the larger look more elegant and the smalls look more sporty... Whadayathink, big or little..........

Attachments

• 100_1666.jpg
    100_1666.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 100_1739.jpg
    100_1739.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_1742.jpg
    100_1742.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 303
  • 100_1673.jpg
    100_1673.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 301
You need nice , shiny, chrome lug nuts to complete the small center cap look............will look much better then .

Last edited:
You need nice , shiny, chrome lug nuts to complete the small center cap look............will look much better then .

:nod:

You need the correct lug nuts & centercaps to pull off the open wheel look.

AcornLugs4.jpg

240CoronaCentercap1.jpg

I was thinking chrome lugs also....
:nod:

You need the correct lug nuts & centercaps to pull off the open wheel look.
Okay, how much for the lugs, think I have a full set for a 240 i'll trade you... Used to have a set of those caps too, one is still floating around my garage someplace....
AcornLugs4.jpg

240CoronaCentercap1.jpg

That's a set I sold a while back.

They are 140 accessory / 164E / 1800E OE Volvo ford style acorn lug nuts, last used on the corona wheels with that tall cap.

Swedish treasures had them available a couple years back but I bought the last 16 of of them they had.

I'm pretty sure they are NLA now.

That's a set I sold a while back.

They are 140 accessory / 164E / 1800E OE Volvo ford style acorn lug nuts, last used on the corona wheels with that tall cap.

Swedish treasures had them available a couple years back but I bought the last 16 of of them they had.

I'm pretty sure they are NLA now.

It wouldn't matter. 7/9s use a different thread pitch.

I think your Bertone looks good either way. Bertones just plain look great.

It wouldn't matter. 7/9s use a different thread pitch.

I think your Bertone looks good either way. Bertones just plain look great.

:oops:

Didn't notice that.

Easy to find metric acorn lug nuts in the JY.

Or the tall 700-900 lugs.

700LugNuts1.jpg

But I don't think they really look right on an open wheel.

Bertonewheelwith140centercap-2.jpg

Last edited:
Should probably put my lugs up in the for sale forum, doubt i'll have another 240, I bought them when i put my multi-x's on a 245 i bought and sold, took the wheels back off and just stored the lugs, used them about a month or so.......

Attachments

• 100_0434.jpg
    100_0434.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 231
7 series uses metric thread wheel studs and nuts. 240 uses 1/2" x 20 threads.

You can buy chrome lug nuts at Advance Auto or Auto Zone for your 7 series for around 20 bux..........where I buy them for my 240.

I think the full cap gives a "high class" appearance, while the small cap & chrome lugs give more of a "sport" appearance.

The final choice is up to you...........

+1 for small caps! As long as you use the black ones. :)

Did the same with my Multi-Xs:

I'll take those rims you just threw some paint on...... :oogle:

You can buy chrome lug nuts at Advance Auto or Auto Zone for your 7 series for around 20 bux..........where I buy them for my 240.
Will check the stores for them, good idea... and i'll keep swapping the small and big for a little change up every once in while....... :nod:
I think the full cap gives a "high class" appearance, while the small cap & chrome lugs give more of a "sport" appearance.

I bought a set of those. The threads were of dubious quality. Stripped on first torquing.

Back