• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Nice seat bracket, i really like the jigsaw approach to building brackets etc like this. Does the bolt head for the bolt between this and the other bracket have enough space?

For welding (and strength, although the bracket wont be the weakest link, probably the bolts or floor sheetmetal) I prefer to make the welds like pictured here:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAUM/uU-PH4pb6xI/w1143-h857-no/IMAG2744.jpg (small bracket i made for a machine in the workshop)
Not sure if there is room for this approach in your application but this way of constructing gives slightly cleaner/nicer parts with easier weld and sometimes less distortion.

I did have to grind one side of the carriage bolt head slightly to get it to clear that bracket. The otherside was fine (no angle to the adapter).

Great heads up on the welding, that's basically what I'm shooting for. Keep in mind this entire bracket is barely 25mm tall so not a lot of room to work in there.

Hit up Blue Collar, you know this Doug. Only thing is no metric, but if you're buying G8's instead of 8.8's, that's a given anyway. lol

Besides, it gives you an excuse to get Squeeze....or sushi.

Wood. I can't laser metal. Once I was happy my drawings were right and verified in what I could cut I passed them off to someone who can cut them.

Grew up with a kid in the jew community and his father owns a water jet cutting business. I'll hit his father up if this is legit which seems so. I already talked to him about getting custom stuff cut for sculpture projects.

Those laser cutters are awesome.

The shifter ends up coming straight out of the middle of the shift box, vs the very back on a ford T5.

Im thinking it'd be almost perfect..... but you're fairly tall, having it further forwards would probably fit you better.

Love the progress, and the quality of this build. Excellent as always, Doug.

I've been coming back to this and I think you maybe right. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a cheap chevy bellhousing and when it comes down to rebuild time I may consider it.

That being said, I already opened up the hole in the floor and really don't forsee any issues using the ford tailhousing/position.

Since Theresa is visiting Mr Plow this weekend leaving me with a sick baby to attend too (though he's finally on the mend) only making a little progress.

BUT, got the back seat to pysically fit the car. First thing I had to do was pull the upholstery back (super easy) and cut off the factory mounting part as it stick out quite a ways on both sides.

156007790.jpg

That got me close.
156007791.jpg

156007792.jpg

Really close honestly.

At this point, another 1/4-1/2" perside would be perfectly. Luckily, all of the structual tubing is about 1/2" from the edge of the seat. So I just trimmed away the retaining lip for the seat material
156007793.jpg

156007794.jpg

And now
156007795.jpg

They fit perfectly. Even a little loose at the top now.

Now I just need to work up the brackets for top and bottom and I'm just about there. They may need to have the upper mount move forward from this position as the seats might be reclined a few more degree's than in the V50. Probably more comfortable this way, but might be a safety issue. That being said, I can sit in the back and there is plenty of room between the front and rear seats to seat 4 adults comfortably. More so than the V50 honestly. Very happy about that.

Seat brackets are here

156256118.jpg

156256119.jpg

156256120.jpg

Yay! These are going to weld up nicely (if someone else did it, they'll weld up passable by me)

Also picked this up
156256116.jpg

8.8 with 4.10's and a LSD (perfect!)

Oh and this guy showed up
156256121.jpg

156256123.jpg

156256124.jpg

156256125.jpg

It may be small, but it's fierce. GTX3067R :D

Oh been messing around with this
156256126.jpg

Picked up a throttle body from a 4.6l Ford for 9 bucks on ebay, the bolt pattern is almost perfect. Messing around with if I can make this work or not. :D

Glad to see it show up quickly. It looks very snug in its new home, but not too cramped.

I'm really digging how your S40/V50 seat conversion is turning out too. Stylish and comfortable.

I'm honestly not sure I could have fit much more in there! Maybe the small housing 3071R would fit but not much else comfortably.

Super excited!

Back