• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adventures in Regina

VolvoSteve945

Greetings all. First post. I'm the owner of a 1993 Volvo 945 Regina injection.. yes the bastard child of Volvo. Sadly I'm starting to throw codes after about a year of faithful service. I have blown the MAP and the Air Intake / Charge Temperature Sensor in one fell swoop and the car is still in limp mode after changing the MAP. Hoping the Air Intake / Charge Temperature Sensor swap is going to fix the issue. Does anyone have any resources for Regina stuff.

I'd like to get more information on it.
Well, you already know it's a "speed-density" system... MAP instead of MAF, relies mainly on coolant temp, air temp, engine vacuum, and RPM to determine fuel requirements. Separate ignition and fuel computers, but they share signals between them.

I have also not found "complete" info on the system, but here's everything I have...

31MB Regina.ZIP file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sFSqPRmG6YIJotOxaRZDdmT10-KtripZ/view?usp=sharing

Did you see this FCP blog page yet? It has some good basic information.
There's an interesting debate on this forum about the system, including a still working Google Drive link with relevant information.
Your situation is better than I expected. It looks like there are even ROM dumps to be found. Try a less useless search engine than Google for better luck.

Usual culprit is the in tank fuel pump on those regina's. Make sure that is working correctly. Full pressure.. Also that coil ignition thingy might need cleaning of the contacts.

Ran a Regina 945 till ~200 Kmiles, sold it to next guy who didn't even want to drive it, just gave me the cash, it was for his kid. The only issue it ever had, several times, was the fuel pump.

I had a spare ignition module, the GM part, etc and swapping them never fixed it. However, the fuel pump did. Agree with Sbabbs above, checking pressure and making sure it increases when throttle is depressed is critical to operation. Those pumps seem to fail by not being able to deliver pressure before they deliver no pressure.

I did a very thorough stage zero on my 92 740 Regina when I bought it and it?s been trouble free for 50k miles. Although looking through the original owners records I?ve found the fuel pump hasn?t been changed, which at 175k I?m thinking may replace it proactively.
As others have mentioned cleaning the contacts at the coil and module is important

Go ahead and post the codes, a timeline of events, and any other observations. Maybe a Regina owner will recognize the issue, or maybe it will be familiar enough to MegaSquirt folks (MegaSquirt is usually setup for SpeedDensity, like Regina).

My old Regina car has changed hands between three friends after me and is currently at 334k miles. Only thing I ever replaced was the ECT sensor which, when it failed, made the car run terribly.

I've done new MAP new Temp sensor new CPS new plugs and wires and I'm still stuck in limp mode car is throwing no codes. It was originally throwing codes ffor the air intake temp sensor and map. The car still will not go past 1500 RPM in any gear. I'm starting to consider Fuel system clogged cat or bad Engine control Module
New MAP Sensor ✓

:New AIT Sensor✓

:ICV Cleaned✓

:plugs checked✓

Back