• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

245DL gone Turbo!

Your car looks freaking awesome. Do you have european lamps in the quad round headlights, If so do you know from witch car they came from?

Thank you, Mattis!

Unfortunately I still have the U.S sealed beams in the quad rounds. So they are not street legal in Europe.

The 5 1/2 inch round Bosch, Cibie, headlights were common in Canada back in the 1970's as they were legal here, not like in the U.S. where they were illegal. They came with plug in adapters to the bulbs, as you needed the adapters to make the high, low beam work properly. A European car may not need them as the wiring may be different.
The H4 light for the outside is more commonly found, and if you don't have the H1 for the inside lights, a H4 can be used, just plug in the 2 pronged plug and the high beams works only.
I have some of these 5 1/2 H4 headlights, but I don't know if they are in good enough condition to put on a restoration project

^ Adapters were only sold with 4x6 rectangular headlamps. The 5.75" round headlamp harnesses are prewired for H4 bulbs, since the round sealed beam headlamps have the same configuration for the harnesses.

Anyway, nice build.

-J

Well could be my fading memory, I remember years ago putting the Bosch H4 small round headlights into my 1965 Pontiac Parisienne, and I thought I had to use the adapters on that car. I have never had a Volvo with the four small round headlights, but if I win the Lotto, I would probably have a yard full of Volvos, including some with the small round headlights!
But what I do remember about the 65 Pontiac Parisienne, it was a lovely car, 2 door hardtop, 327 cubic inches, but I blew the transmission out, and it was around Christmas, and -38 F, which is near -40 C. I literally changed the transmission in the snow bank of the front yard where I lived. I tried to get my brother to help me, but he did not seem interested, I don't blame him. I remember doing one torque converter bolt at a time, and then running into the house to warm up!
But when you are young to be without wheels even for a couple of days was unthinkable!

Thank you guys! :)

Those steel wheels are made from the 140 series wheels. I wanted the possibility to use older style big hubcaps. I have one set of Volvo hubcaps too, but those cheap chromed Baby moons sit very nicely.

The outer rim halfs are from some newer FWD Volvo, now the setup is 15" x 8" :cool:
Tires are Toyo T1R Proxes, 195/55-15 front and 205/50-15 rear.

245-syys-8.jpg

How's the wheel offset number ?

Where did you find these Steel rims? I want them for my Volvo Amazon but can only find 15x5.5 not 15x8 which you describe these are? :) Are they custom made? :)

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Back