• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adrian's '78 245 DL+16v

I can see it. If it is a crappy shot from the front 1/4 ish, anyway... :p

Does this thing move around? R6s? No street tires? Is it a racecar now? They're going to be allowing wagons down here now, so... :)

I can see it. If it is a crappy shot from the front 1/4 ish, anyway... :p

Does this thing move around? R6s? No street tires? Is it a racecar now? They're going to be allowing wagons down here now, so... :)

Nay, there's another shot from above that there's supposed to be, I'll wrestle it around and see what I can do. Just phone shots for now, I've got our company's photog lined up to take some awesome shots of it sometime this month or next. He takes <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/mitchellsphotos/2341977425/">awesome</a> <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/mitchellsphotos/2780650140/">photos</a>, I'm excited.

Still moves, just not as much now that I've got a daily beater and no time. I've got an auto-x grudge match with my dad over this summer's season, so I'm going to stuff as much sticky tire under there as possible, plus I'm probably in SM because of the swap, so I need everything I can get. :-)

I've also got a few feelers out for renting pacific raceways this summer, we'll see how that comes through. :-D

Nice, I see the upper shot now too. I saw those wheels and was quite tempted, but they're an inch larger than I need and at least half an inch too skinny if I remember correctly. Sweet wheels regardless, nice score.

Let me know on the track rental and autoxing, I want to do more of that this year. I don't know how far north I'll go for stuff, but still.

You going to bring it to the XXX meet next Sunday?

Nice, I see the upper shot now too. I saw those wheels and was quite tempted, but they're an inch larger than I need and at least half an inch too skinny if I remember correctly. Sweet wheels regardless, nice score.

Usually I think 18"s is just too much wheel for a 240 unless the thing is literally scraping on the ground, so my answer is to scrape the ground. They're just wide enough to get some 255s on there, which according to the tape measure looks like about all that I can fit without getting slightly crazy with the BFH on the fenders. I'm fairly happy with the score, virgos are getting boring as hell. I'm up to 18 spare wheels lying around the garage now, I think the girlfriend just might kill me soon.

klr142 said:
You going to bring it to the XXX meet next Sunday?

Probably not, I need to actually have a cooldown weekend, I've been going nonstop since new years. This weekend was Seattle, weekend before was San Fran, weekend before I forget. Startups suck.
If I'm feeling frisky Saturday night I'll try and clean it up and make it down, we'll see when we get closer.

Dude Adrian those wheels look killer! They completely transform a car. I put some 17" BBS's on my car last fall and fell in love all over again.

So you gonna holset that thing or WAT?

wiita's so right, rimpity rimps are the best.

Hoping this is going to be the summer of the Holset. Almost everything's ready, just a matter of time.

I thought this vehicle was crushed. the owner never seems to be around.... :-P

The owner got a job. :-D

Way to get a job slacker...seriously though, hope it's working out well for ya...

Hope you get the hooptie working soon...love the wheels...they are very sexeeeeee

I had no idea you had a Volvo much less a bad A 240 16v. I'm impressed, I always thought you were just a big meanie.

Anyway, nice job, wanna tell me how you made a 3rd engine mount? I'm thinking I want one now. Or should I search? ;-)

Usually I think 18"s is just too much wheel for a 240 unless the thing is literally scraping on the ground, so my answer is to scrape the ground.
Good plan.

They're just wide enough to get some 255s on there, which according to the tape measure looks like about all that I can fit without getting slightly crazy with the BFH on the fenders.
Oops. Cannot co-exist with Good Plan.

245/35/18 are nice and short. Kumho V710 have very rounded shoulders which helps with fender clearance. How wide are those wheels? Hope they're at least 8".

If I'm feeling frisky Saturday night I'll try and clean it up and make it down, we'll see when we get closer.
Bah humbug. Leave it dirty and come down to hang out for a couple hours, aint no thang.
245/35/18 are nice and short. Kumho V710 have very rounded shoulders which helps with fender clearance. How wide are those wheels? Hope they're at least 8".
They're 8s. What's the offset on them Adrian? Regardless, 245/35s should be perfect height, and should squeeeeze onto the 8" wheels. Hopefully the offset plays out nicely, you may not need to play with the hammer much at all.

Pimpstylezzzz!

looking good- more pics yo!

We need a Bellinghamcouver meet soon- it's been too long.

M.

I had no idea you had a Volvo much less a bad A 240 16v. I'm impressed, I always thought you were just a big meanie.

I'm still just a big meanie.

ghengiskhan said:
Anyway, nice job, wanna tell me how you made a 3rd engine mount? I'm thinking I want one now. Or should I search? ;-)

Mine's kind of wimpy compared to some of the burlyburls ones that people making more power are using, but I took two swaybar endlinks, welded them together and strengthened up the welds where the rod meets the bushing (they often snap there). I made a simple bracket that bolts to the back of the head, and the other end mounts to the firewall. I'll try and grab some photos tomorrow.

I'll trust you've been down this road before. Basically I'm just on the hunt for scrounging tires in the local auto-x & rr circuits, so whatever comes up cheapest first I'll probably try to make fit.

Bah humbug. Leave it dirty and come down to hang out for a couple hours, aint no thang.

It's more a make it run than a clean it up. The in-cabin wiring is all torn apart for R&R.

We need a Bellinghamcouver meet soon- it's been too long.

Yeah it has... I'm thinking of doing my own version of John's "you touched it you take it" cleanup meet. I've got boxes and boxes and boxes of wheels, parts, heads, etc. that I would love to see get used rather than me just pitching it.

needs moar moviefilms.

Maybe this weekend. ;-)

I'll trust you've been down this road before. Basically I'm just on the hunt for scrounging tires in the local auto-x & rr circuits, so whatever comes up cheapest first I'll probably try to make fit.
245/35 are pretty common on stock class RX8s, so go make friends. Although some will pinch 285s on the 8x18. The guys driving new F-stock Shelbys run 295/30/18, but I think their stock wheels might be 8.5". Bne had 245/35/18 on his 8x18 LMs until they corded and I finally heckled him enough to put wider wheels/tires on the front. They cleared fine up front on basically stock fenders (occasional rubbing at the front of the fender arch because his control arms are adjusted for a lot of caster, moving the wheel forward in the fender).

Back