• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Suspected ground issue

oifish

I'm feeling extra zazzzy
When I first purchased the 744T I noticed that the rear fog lamps/reverse lights did not turn on. This was simply due to the reverse switch not being plugged in. However once I plugged this in, it seemed like this caused the warning buzzer to turn on randomly. For the sake of sanity I removed the buzzer relay. I had the key in the ignition when opening the fuse panel and when jiggling around the fuse box the buzzer would turn on and off. I am assuming this issue is unrelated to the reverse switch, but more a ground problem. Any suggestions on where to start looking for loose ground that may be causing this?

Side note: After removing the blue buzzer relay my engine temp gauge does not work. The relay it's self is in good condition, no broken solder points.

If you're suspecting grounds, the ones inside the front fenders are a good place to start. A poor connection there can cause all kinds of weird problems. Just loosen and tighten the terminal mounting screws.

If I recall corrrectly there are a whole bunch of grounds on the inner right kick panel on those cars. Either under or near the engine computer area.

Over the weekend I cleaned and re-tightened a bunch of grounds in the engine bay (the ground from the alternator directly to the battery was a mess) and began dismantling the interior to clean and find the ground locations. In doing this I found that who ever wired the aftermarket stereo had no idea what they were doing as the harness looks like a big tangled mess of wires and electrical tape. :wtf:

I also found this (pardon the crappy cell phone pic): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-TiXPD2dRNemdzY1BDekI2bkZCWmVOVDY3TXpiV05SbTlZ/view?usp=sharing

It looks like something aftermarket was wired in, then removed. If anyone has any ideas what this may be I'm all ears...

Regardless, I plan on re-crimping and heat shrinking all the stereo connections and finding the interior grounds this weekend. I'll be back with an update then. Thanks for the help so far.

Back