• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Aussie 144 +T

buerckner

Ummm, I have a volvo.

B20, EFI, Celica 5-spd, 16" wheels, suspension work,power steer, air and stereo.
Had it for years, really just practice fabricating stuff for building rally cars.

Pics in time order, some may be a little big.... deal with it.

turbovolvo.jpg

volvointercooler.jpg

exhaustmanifold1.jpg

exhaustmanifold2.jpg

exhaustmanifold3.jpg

bayfront.JPG

bayrhs.JPG

volvolhs.JPG

volvorear2.JPG

rearwheel1.JPG

ports.jpg

bowls.jpg

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

rad3.jpg

inlet1.jpg

inlet2.jpg

fuelrail1.jpg

fuelrail2.jpg

fuelrail3.jpg

inlet3.jpg

inlet4.jpg

Very cool, the rims need a lot lower profile tyres on it, something like 50 profile, not 65 XC profile, even if you run 235 tyres on the rear, any pics showing the whole engine bay with the manifold?

I'm guessing from the plate he's in ACT.

After I've done some more on the manifold I'll post up some more pics.

Even some from when we first bought the car, I had been sitting for a while and we turned 3 buckets of water to mud just on the outside.
Also the original engine rebuild, internals etc.

You are right about the tyre profiles but the 215 on the from a stock Falcondore380 size and the rears make the speedo work. Comfort is a big priority for this build and staying relatively stock looking. It'll probably need a diff upgrade (ratio + LSD) and I'll look at tyre profiles and ride height again then.

Also my wife really just wants it finished and back on the road.

MMMM another turbo B20 In Aus eh.
Looks interesting,not sure about that exhaust manifold,twin scroll???
What engine management and trans???

yeah, twin scrol/split pulse. But I stuffed it up and got the pairing wrong.:oops: That'll give me something extra to remake, later. It's fairly tight, as you'd know in RHD esp with power steer. But I've got some good space for the dump pipe. 3" plus 1-1/4" for the(internal) wastegates will join to the current 3" system.
Celica steel case 5-speed.
MSII + sparkbox and neato homewound coils... not really.:-P
Haltech E6S(Has been in shed for a while) with wasted spark M&W ignition. Unless my accountant works some magic with this years tax then it'll get an Autronic SM4, Traction control, launch etc etc heaps of fun sh!te it doesn't really need. But I seriously doubt I'd get that past my wife.

yeah i know a turbo RHD B20 is tight in the engine bay.
My turbo sits as high as it could in the engine bay,but my engine bays different to yours as mines a 1969 142

I'm getting the hang of it now.

inlet7.jpg

inlet5.jpg

inlet6.jpg

Maybe some more pics of the engine bay with things dummied in on the weekend when I hope to have the radiator in properly and a few other bits done

Awesome! Fair enough on the wheel size, it's a fair bit bigger then stock size so I am puzzled as to why the speedo is still right, ah well, looks and sounds like it will be a lot of fun and done a lot sooner then V-speeds car :p

it would have had 165 SR15 tires,so the XC tires being a taller profile would make the outside dia about the same.
yeah i know my car is on the backburner at the moment.
When i finish it,it will only take a couple of weeks.
I only have to buy parts and bolt it together,all the fabrication is done.

Back