• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Love to see this. I know you got your Provent all plumbed up, but I like your idea of using the Yoshi catch can for pre turbo and the Provent for the other side. I'll probably try that and we can compare results (in three years when mine runs).

Sounds good. You could tee the yoshi drain with the turbo drain if you add a check valve there.

I love check valves.

To fill in on the previous video: some battery re-wiring happened…using 4 AWG may have not been enough, at least for the starter; jury is still out. Used a PC680 I bought from someone that kept it on the shelf for a while. Unfortunately, despite a lot of repairing with my smart charger, it was ultimately DOA.

Also added a power steering cooler. It’s gotten hot enough inside the engine bay and ambient temperatures during the summer have gotten increasingly southwestern as of the last 6-7 years.

Also made a bunch of brackets to accomodate a new power steering reservoir, remote positive terminal, Pro-Vent etc.

Also bent some sheetmetal to seal off the bottom timing cover some more.

IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1890.jpeg

IMG_1890.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_1945.jpeg

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1947.jpeg

IMG_1948.jpeg

IMG_1952.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

IMG_1977.jpeg

IMG_1978.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_2015.jpeg

IMG_2018.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg

IMG_2038.jpeg

IMG_2040.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_2041.jpeg

IMG_2070.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2073.jpeg

IMG_2078.jpeg

IMG_2079.jpeg

IMG_2097.jpeg

IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2105.jpeg

IMG_2115.jpeg

IMG_2120.jpeg

That was up until the beginning of September. Then, kids went to school and started soccer, which took up the entirety of whatever free time I had left.

fast forward to October…

A family emergency forced me to do some traveling. Caught the first flight I could after a frantic 30-hour trip planning halfway across the world, which was…not fun. Then, one week back to catch up on work, then off to Texas to watch the F1 race. Watched, consumed far too much smoked meat, and met the legendary Crazychopstick at his house and high fived his kid. It was a good time.

IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

IMG_2564.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_5289.jpeg

IMG_9803.jpeg

7G8o48Gl.jpg

Last edited:
So anyway, got back, finished fixing some interim seats, made some brackets, messed up the spacing, so I’m revising them. Replaced the broken PC680 with an Antigravity ATX-330 Restart. Lots more power and capacity and about half the weight. I keep telling myself that the increased service life will pay for the premium over a regular battery…right.

I really want some gas and .027” wire for smaller jobs. The spatter is killing me

Lastly, I have resorted to sitting in the garage whenever possible and staring at the dumb thing in an attempt to fire up motivation to get work done. I’m not a photographer.

Anyway, here’s what’s left:

1. Water pump pulley spacer
2. Yoshifab cam gears and idler pulley
3. Revise turbo oil drain if smoke is observed
4. Revise seat rail brackets
5. Replace ECU circuit fuse holder with a 10 AWG unit. Stuff was getting hot.

IMG_2130.jpeg

IMG_2249.jpeg

IMG_2261.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

IMG_2264.jpeg

IMG_2798.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool build. I love the 16v in a 240.

Bedankt :cool:

Wow the Li battery is that light? I think the 680 was like 13-14lbs? A little extra reserve will be nice.

Just looked at the spec: 7.81 lbs. The aluminum tray and hold down is maybe half a pound. So not quite half but definitely almost flung the new battery out of my hand by accident after moving the PC680 around. Will it make an appreciable difference when driving? Highly doubt it.

Back