• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

14th Annual Davis Swap Meet, Car Show & Auto-X - Apr. 28-29

BTW guys, the other location is simply too expensive at this point. Mark told me what they wanted to run it and there is no way we'd be able to use that site AND cover expenses AND have anything left over for the charity portion. Yeah, it's a cool spot, but the prices to run out there just ain't going to happen, especially on a TB'ers budget.

Mark...perhaps post up spec's for the lot and a few people might actually be able to pm you some idea's for a route?

also just thought, if anybody has a helmet (I think 2xl) that they could bring/let me borrow that would be awesome. also I don't know what it's called but I have one of those like cloth hair caps or whatever that you wear under your helmet to keep it from getting dirty.

I'm carving a watermelon helmet.

Similar to this:
cat-pomelo-hat-helmet.jpg

I'll see if the grocer has one big enough for you.

So kyle and i might autocross my v50. It will break.
Hmm... Do we need to do that other control arm and lower it? Also see about that drain plug!

Maybe work on it this weekend? Maybe. You also need to get your S70 put back together and stored somewhere.

Here are the rough dimensions of the space for the AutoX: The entrance and start area is 8,875 sq.ft. / The course area consists of a rectangle with a large pie shaped area at one end. The rectangle area is 51,200 sq.ft. (bigger than a NFL football field of 48k) / The useable pie shaped area is roughly another 9,000 sq.ft. / The pie shaped area is bigger, but has a pavement transition that wont work for us. I think we can figure out a fast course with room for runoff and not taking out the perimeter fence.

Teaser Time: Met with the new airport director today, retired AirForce Colonel; he is proposing moving the event to the end of an access ramp at the airport. The space is smooth concrete, no elevation changes, clean, and over 100k sq.ft. He will know by monday if we can have it. I already have the special use permit fo the old space, so we are set one way or the other. He promised the new space for all future events, so who knows, we might score this year, but will have the ultimate space for future events.

Also, need a few volunteers to meet me early next week at the current space to run a few laps to start the layout process. I would prefer during the day at lunch time or around four. Let me know if anyone has the time and the car to meet me. Of course, this will not be needed if we get the new space.

Mark

I can meet you after work, probably 4:30-ish, the wagon's running solid enough I can flog it happily and get some speed in as well. Nothing on the calendar so far next week...

I can meet you after work, probably 4:30-ish, the wagon's running solid enough I can flog it happily and get some speed in as well. Nothing on the calendar so far next week...

Sounds great, how about friday. I will have a key then and we can run your car and mine. Thanks!!!

Mark

Sounds like a lot of the turbo guys are sceeered of the n/a. Wussies.

No idea what I'll be driving. Looks like I might be delivering my cousins new 242 so I might be w/o a car.

Sounds like a lot of the turbo guys are sceeered of the n/a. Wussies.

No idea what I'll be driving. Looks like I might be delivering my cousins new 242 so I might be w/o a car.

i should ride with you...Looking at a 245 down there hahahahaha

Back