• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

The whiteblock M90s seem to come more often than not with the round, 4 bolt output flange. I wonder if the bolt pattern is the same as in earlier 200-series cars. Or are you going to change the flange and use the never style drive shaft with a guibo?

Yes it's the same bolt pattern as a "normal" 240 flange. That's what I use on my car.

Why you would actually intentionally change that setup to use a POS guibo is beyond me. Use the 4 bolt.

Why you would actually intentionally change that setup to use a POS guibo is beyond me. Use the 4 bolt.

Because guibo is such a fun word to say! Guibo, guuuiiiiiboooooo, GUIBO! :wiggle:

Really though, I would love to have the regular 4 bolt output like on a 'normal' 240 instead of the guibo on my Getrag.

So my M90 is missing the starter bump out. Design change?? (It's not broken)

DSC_0068.jpg

img2053tm.jpg

Edit, thanks Kenny. I'm missing a part apparently. Just have to order it.

Last edited:
Yeah mine is like that. The starter "bump" is a seperate piece that fits between the bellhousing and block.

Part 15:

m90piece.jpg

Volvo part # 6843920 (#15 above) does show as available from Volvo for about $20-25 looks like. So if you need it hopefully a Stateside dealer could get it for you :e-shrug:

My guess is your best bet is a dealer in Europe, as I mentioned, mine was missing it too, but Chesh noticed and bought one for it from the dealer in the UK. That was a few years ago though...

Try talking to Tim at smith volvo in slo, he's gotten us oddball stuff before. Dingle or myself could probably pick it up for you if he can get it (though I am not there right now)

Back