• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis weekend dynos, anybody interested?

RvolvoR

300+ Member
300+ Club
So I was chatting a bit with my boss and I presented to him the idea of doing a dyno day (or half day) that weekend. The idea went over pretty good with him, especially since our main shop is a Volvo shop (SVS in sacramento). So, I am posting up to see if anybody would be interested in doing this. The price is up in the air currently, but would probably be between $60-80 depending on the amount of people. Furthermore, would we want to do this on Saturday afternoon or on Sunday after the show.

Details so far:
Place
SVS R&D
2550 Tower Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825

Time
Weekend of Davis
Saturday or Sunday afternoon

What
Baseline dynos (3-4 pulls) on a SuperFlow SF-840

Cost
$60-80 (if you want hourly dyno time, itll cost you)

So, lets get a list going of who's in and what day would be better (Saturday or Sunday)

1. rvolvor - Asher - Saturday afternoon

Last edited:
oh yeah, its an in-ground set-up, so the low cars don't need to worry:
198919_212935055390034_209405562409650_981821_6810882_n.jpg

Bump! I normally would say i'm definitely down for it, but want to save funds for using a dyno that will be the same as what I'll be back on a little while later... So, I'm a MAYBE! I think Saturday would be better for me, just in case I want to head up on Sunday after the show.

This all depends on what else is going on, re: autox/drive.

bump, im still down to do this after autox...and the location is more/less right between the autox and davis

more pics:
208780_212935278723345_209405562409650_981824_1287951_n.jpg

If the wagon was up for being pushed by then I'd be all over it, but I don't think it will be. I wanna have a couple thousand on it before I start hammering on it.

That's not a turbo, that's a jet engine. :lol:

I would probably be in for post-autox or sunday after the meet.

Effffffff. Awesome! The tails looked like a CL but I haven't many people modding those, and especially to that extent!

question, what gear would i be dynoing in and is there more or less load on the car compared to the street?

question, what gear would i be dynoing in and is there more or less load on the car compared to the street?
You can dyno in whatever gear you want. I suggest fourth to reduce the possibility of any damage to your transmission... ;-)

hmm i may do it. I noticed that i have a ton of valve train noise im going to check the lash on all the shims, solve my high rpm stumble, find out why my cars running rich and get the hoslet setup working correctly then i will dyno...

In my observation, dynos put more strain on a car than anything other than perhaps a track day. It's like nailing the gas in 4th gear for the entire rpm range while climbing the hill to Tahoe.

Probably the cooling system that takes the most strain.

In my observation, dynos put more strain on a car than anything other than perhaps a track day. It's like nailing the gas in 4th gear for the entire rpm range while climbing the hill to Tahoe.

Probably the cooling system that takes the most strain.
But, it doesn't take THAT long...

Back