• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lets Look at dynos!

haltechsupra

Please share your dyno, temp, humidity, car, mods, engine, boost levels, type of dyno, video, charts can be saved on Imgur and shared for free. Its fun to see what others are making. Please share and sticky! Would love to be able to section this for the model of cars , or engines , whiteblocks, redblocks, V8. Please sticky this...

No records set here, but here is mine.

LDANTAp.jpg

and Video.. https://youtu.be/WxffNEV2n_M

1993 Volvo 945, b230f 94 squirter block, 16 valve head + hx52 turbo, cx rods , Wiseco pistons, t56 6 speed manual transmission, custom manifolds and piping, supra mk3 turbo radiator, supra mk4 intercooler by precision power, stock valves, springs, buckets, fuel lines and fpr, no head porting at all.Blitz boost controller, devils own alcohol injection, 1000cc injector clinic injectors, walbro 450 lph fuel pump, 23 psi of boost in 56 % humidity and 91 degrees. Rough street tune by me , and 2 minutes of adjustments with Jason At AutoBanh Motorsports. Extra ac condensor for oil cooler.

For sure! One has to make power before the power is laid down. The most difficult part is making it all work. But we already have a east vs west thread on quarter mile times, sooo... Please share your dyno 740atl?

What’s your dyno sheet’s trap speed? (Quoting Sam’s t-shirt)

Dyno plots give an indication of power but trap speeds tell you what you have for real. What’s your trap speed?

I know you want to argue. I get it. This is just about dynos. If you dont have a dyno to share, please dont try to explian to all of us what you think is more important than title above . Smh.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to argue at all. I’m simply saying that staring at dyno numbers is like comparing sausages. Dyno numbers on the same car can vary even in the same day. Don’t get me wrong, they’re great tuning tools but that’s it. The real measure of power is making a trip 1320ft long.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ro...13043642/why-you-shouldnt-trust-dyno-numbers/

If you want to just post pictures of dyno plots that’s fine I guess and I will depart henceforth.

Carry on.

Dyno not important , just sheets to look at?!

We all start with tools here sir. Thats how cars are built. Humor me and share your trap speed and et since you jumped right into opposition , not four minutes after I posted this. I don't mind. Actually , you bring up a great point, it would be really cool to see both. Anyone on here have a quarter mile runs, and a dyno run from around the same time? I know Linuxman51 does. That is really what tells the complete story. A dyno run not only shows power, but it shows torque, and what rpm all of it happens, along with other real world data. Not to mention you can set up the car for optimum power potential. A quarter mile trap speed and et tell the story of how good the power gets to the ground. ..I have been street tuning my car for a while. Its hella dangerous. Not very effective honestly. Alot more safe / time efficient, money efficient, to dyno tune, before you go to the track. It's the natural order of things. Some decide to go straight from the build to the track. For those that have already been to a dyno and sorted things out, the type of guys that just build and go to the track are a huge pain in the ass. They break everything, leak everything, and are a danger to everyone around them and generally the slowest. Thier lack of preparation shows how much they really care about what they are doing. The people that have dynoed , are ready to rip, they still break things, but keep in mind they have a bit more knowledge about almost all of it. They know thier a/f is right, and ignition timing potential is at its best! They know how much thier car makes and how fast it should be at the track, so now its time to tune suspension and brakes , right? Because they know where they should be- because dyno results!!! They know the engine will hold up when they mash the throttle... Time to figure out why it isn't making that et! When you dyno your car before taking it to a track you are much more ahead of the pack already . My 25 years of personal experience in drag racing, 1/8 and 1/4, wrenching and driving. Get the full story. Be ahead of the game at any opportunity. People have been wondering for years how fast my car is. They say, "Whats it make? "First question from everyone, other than "is that real?" Up until now I said" makes me happy.". Now I can say 404 at the tires on a bad day. The rest is up to driving ability , street prep and suspension drivetrain prep, and consistancy. Most people use a dyno to know potential of power then pull out ignition timing to get traction, essentially detuning the engine to suit the surface. That says little about the cability of power an engine can make. Throttle by wire is a easier way to control power delivery but has its caveats as well. I think its also important to remember that dyno sessons are test and tune for future track time. A durability test, before the durability test. Show your numbers! Share your experiences! Having said all the above, dont let anyone bs you that dyno numbers are useless. They obviously just dont know any better. It took me this long to dyno my car, because I knew it wasnt ready yet. Thats why I dont have a track time yet. The natural order of things..

Last edited:
Here we can see the pros "compareing sausages" and making it to now the third quickest import in the world ! Great job Krister Adeen! Volvo 16v+t + $$$$ =Big ass moose stomp! BTW number 4 is also a Volvo, and its a 8v! !!

B0a3LeR.jpg

u82WSMs.jpg

YVxbubA.jpg

Any data is better than no data, any day.

3076R with an ipd turbo cam
large.jpg

I'll have to dig up some more.

edit:
16v turbo (needs bigger turbo and e85)
large.jpg

video:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n0MQMdimY2A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://youtu.be/n0MQMdimY2A

Last edited:
Back