• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis Saturday Event Question

What event do you want?

• Poker Run

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Karting ($49 or $60 - see options pg 4)

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Don't care, either sounds good

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Won't go either way

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Obligatory BACON option

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsellstr

Vintage anti-ricer
300+ Club
Okay, updating this post with final details. Autox, drags, and poker run are out, but in keeping with the driving concept, we're going karting this year! Hopefully we will be able to pull off ano autox or drags next year, with more time to plan.

That said, here's the official word from Elizabeth (volvie) about the karting...

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well and looking forward to the 17th Annual Davis Meet Weekend on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - Sunday, April 12, 2015!

We have finalized the Saturday, April 11, 2015 Davis Meet Weekend Event details and updated the website and RSVP form.

All event details and RSVP form can be found on the Sac Volvo Club website:
http://www.sacvolvoclub.org/

Saturday Davis Meet Weekend Events:
Niello Volvo- Cars & Coffee, 8:00A – 10:00A
Scenic Drive / Lunch at Old Spaghetti Factory - 10:00A Start (Meet at Niello; Driver's Meeting ~9:55A)
K1 Speed- Indoor Electric Kart Racing, $60/person "Grand Prix" package, 3:30P (arrive 20 min. early)
5th Annual Pre-Davis Party - Walter’s House, ~2:00P Start (for those not attending other events)

To Summarize the Important Updates:
Niello Volvo Cars & Coffee- 8:00A - 10:00A
RSVP to reserve parking space and goodie bag

Scenic Drive & Lunch
Meet at Niello (fuel up before arriving at Niello)
Driver's Meeting ~9:55A
Drive Start ~10:00A

Lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory:
Groups over 25 people require reserving the banquet room and meal pre-order.
Please take a look at the banquet menu (http://www.osf.com/pdf/menus/banquet-menu.pdf) and place your order in the RSVP form.

K1 Speed Electric Kart Racing
Requires a group of eight people for a reservation.
This event will be cancelled if there are less than eight RSVPs.

All RSVPs will close on Tuesday, April 7, 2015.

If you update / change your RSVP, please make a note in the comment field:
(i.e., "update")

The cost for karting is $60, however depending on number of people, we may need to fall back to the lower cost option ($49) in order to get more people out on the track. This would cut down 1 of the 3 track sessions.
Track FAQ: http://k1speed.com/faqs.html

Walter has offered up his place to host the saturday night bbq as well, so that is covered. Probably have a spot to wash some cars, do minor repairs after the days events, etc. He's about 45 minutes or so from Davis for those of you crashing there.

Any questions, please feel free to post up as I'm watching this thread as is Elizabeth, or shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
Drag racing would be much more fun, even if you can only get 4-5 runs in. Lots more BSing and interacting and much less driving around seemingly aimlessly on public roads.

Are they cool with open containers of alcohol in the staging lanes, or is this not like Montgomery, AL?

Are they cool with open containers of alcohol in the staging lanes, or is this not like Montgomery, AL?

I can tell you from experience that they're not gonna be cool with alcohol anywhere at Sac raceway. It's a big "no no" at Bugorama but that said, with how many people camp out overnight, it's not like they *actually* do much to stop it.

+1 for drags, that sounds like such a riot honestly. Hell, if I go in the Rabbit I'll give it a few runs and maybe set a turbobricks baseline that all your cars should be faster than.

That's assuming I don't just go with David or Tylor though (assuming Tylor has an exhaust on his car), which is honestly more likely.

Also I think if they're like most strips, helmets and pants and closed-toed shoes are probably only required at certain times or trap speeds, so most of TB should be fine to race in shorts and sandals.

Pants are required, closed toe shoes are as well, I believe. Helmets only if you run into the 13's or faster, so not for most of our piles. I'll take mine anyway, try and run my car on MS and see how bad the traction is.

Don't recall on the beer, seems like they perhaps sell on some event weekends but it's been close to 2 years since I've been out there.

If we are going to have a decent group actually show up, let me know and I will try and arrange to get lane 7 for just our crew.

Long pants usually required for drivers. I've sat in my car in the staging lanes with the window up because I forgot and wore shorts, and didn't even want a track worker to approach my car to remind me to put the window up when I race because then he might see I'm not wearing pants.

I prefer to ride in the back of a nitrous equipped car so I can cool my beer against the bottle as we go down the track.

Y'all should get down to alabama some time.

2nd weekend of April.

I'll swap in the MS just for you Toby, and toss in a little E85 since I haven't fully tuned mine yet.

For those that wanna know, E85 is easily available on the way to the track as well.

I'm really tempted to do a pass or two in the 244. I think it could lay down a solid 13

Part of me is saying save it for the road course though

Back