• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Spoiler Mockup...thoughts...?

luke_jones

It needed paint...so I thought I should toy with changing it first...

Foam mockup, any thoughts? Is it too much? Id make the top transition much smoother, I think the bottom blends pretty well...but does it go too far out?

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

Thanks, the foam is a super rough mock up...but it builds it up pretty easily and gets the point across I think. And it scrapes right off if I dont like it :p

i hate how the hatch spoilers don't flow with the rest of the car. it's so obvious they've just been tacked on.

i don't like it, should leave it stock in my opinion. i'd have to see a final product to be sure it wouldn't work but as of what i can see, i don't like it.

i want a wagon spoiler :-(

if you like it, rock it. won't ruin the car, might look alright after it's finished. i thought it was snow/ice buildup :p

i hate how the hatch spoilers don't flow with the rest of the car. it's so obvious they've just been tacked on.

Agreed. They should have been a subtle lip.

900 Sedan
saab_900_sedan_spoiler1.jpg

saab_9000cc_spoiler.jpg

How would these look 'awful'? Trimmed up and shrunk to the proper width I think they's look decent. Better then the goofy 'hey look at me, I'm a plane' spoiler that the car came with.

how about a shot of the whole car?
and lose the roof racks, i love those spoilers on the v70s i think it looks great (car in sig has one now :cool:)

I liked that my car came with the stock spoiler vs not, i just feel the shape left something to be desired. I think I'm pushing forward with it, gonna knock the shape down just a bit and smooth the transition. Then yeah fiberglass overlay and bondo. I think once its all 1 color it will look better.

doesn't the air flow under the spoiler on those wagon spoilers? adding material to the top is just going to disrupt your airstream right?

Yeah at this point I haven't affected the part that pulls the air under the spoiler. I'm gonna sleep on it for the night, but pretty sure I will cut the shape down just a little. Profile is good for me, but maybe hangs off the back a bit too far.

Back