• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2017: Sept. 28-Oct. 1

So like last year I'm bringing a 15lb case of bacon. I'll also bring enough sausage, whether it be patties or bulk ground, for three days worth of breakfast. I can get everything from a food distributor that supplies the restaurant I used to work at. If there's any kind of bulk food items you guys need that you can't get, I can try to get them there.

so this is my list. anything missing?
-ground beef (10lbs+)
-Self Rising flour (house)
-sugar (house)
-beer
-charcoal
-onions
-tin foil
-honey

Turns out we don't have as much as she thought...only about 7 ears left. Go ahead and pick some up if you don't mind. Should be pretty cheap.

Alden is bringing burger/dog buns. Wren requested the bread...maybe he can clarify how much is needed. I don't remember using much last year except for those who wanted BBQ sandwiches.

Ok.

I believe I have nailed down my mac and cheese recipe. It is supposed to produce 50 half-cup servings, so that's me and like 2 other guys.

Cheeses include
Colby
Sharp Cheddar
Parmesan
Gruyere
Cream Cheese

Hopefully yummy.

I'm headed to BJs now to get all the other bs.

so this is my list. anything missing?
-ground beef (10lbs+)
-Self Rising flour (house)
-sugar (house)
-beer
-charcoal
-onions
-tin foil
-honey

Throw in a decent size bottle of Heinz 57 or cheap off brand equivalent for my burger receipe and we should be set I think.

Ok.

I believe I have nailed down my mac and cheese recipe. It is supposed to produce 50 half-cup servings, so that's me and like 2 other guys.

Cheeses include
Colby
Sharp Cheddar
Parmesan
Gruyere
Cream Cheese

Hopefully yummy.

I'm headed to BJs now to get all the other bs.

Sounds awesome. Looks like Maria is going to spin off Eastward...hopefully you'll be spared and be able to show.

aight I ended up with around 11lbs of ground beef. shouldn't have stopped at costco (oh well, it's the good stuff). Still gotta pick a couple odds and ends up, aside from dropping the caR off to get the oils changed, it's ready to go.

aight I ended up with around 11lbs of ground beef. shouldn't have stopped at costco (oh well, it's the good stuff). Still gotta pick a couple odds and ends up, aside from dropping the caR off to get the oils changed, it's ready to go.

Sweet. I'm taking the rest of the week off starting tomorrow, so today is going to drag by. Tomorrow is trailer/griddle/grill pickup day plus packing and sanity checks.

I would but I have to patch thursday night regardless, so there's little point in early downtime :/

Change to definitely coming. Flying to ATL then driving up with the ATL-Mikes.

Echoing what I put up in the FB group (Link) that I just realized I never posted here.

Housekeeping post:

To those arriving Thursday night: Don't forget to bring a little cash. I paid for that night out of pocket (ergo, it wasn't included in what you paid for a bed for Friday/Saturday night).

We'll split the cost of that night by the attendees who show up. Won't be much, just $200/X people.

If you're arriving Thursday and didn't pay for a bed Friday/Saturday night, I have no issue with you claiming a bed that night, just be aware you'll have to give it up when the rightful owner appears.

All the beds at the lodge are twins. If possible, please bring your own sheets and towels. There are linens at the lodge, but they have to be washed on Sunday morning before we leave. That was a huge time sink last year. The less laundry we have to do, the better.

If you don't have twin sheets, please don't go buying them or anything. Just use what's there. Just bring your own sh<z>it if it's somewhat convenient.

I may have to relinquish driving duties friday if thursday night's work activities take the same amount of time and effort as they did last night. Fortunately, I seem to recall rob being fairly proficient with el manuel.

I should be able to handle it. Still have my 5-speed BMW, but not for much longer.

Reckon I'll get some high life at costco for rob.

Excellent...:rofl:

Costco is apparently a higher-brow store than previously thought.. they don't carry high life.

Aight Rob, I went to an establishment of lesser repute and procured your tasty beverage.

allegedly "tasty". Anyway, they only had 30-racks of it, presumably because walton family, or maybe because lower volume pricing doesn't offset the cost of packaging.. I digress...

Got flour, sugar, Heinz fiddy 7, and tinfoil. pre-mixing and packaging begins tonight (bbq sauce, someone else needs to gin up the syrup, pancake dry mix, bbq rub, maybe even the injectable).

My uncle is a miller distributor, and as a wee tyke I drank plenty of the yeller soda.
But PBR is better as far as cheap beer goes. Natty Boh, too.

One of the attendees is bringing a 5gal keg of something from Sierra Nevada. If everything goes to plan, I should also have some of our local Appalachian National Beverage for sampling.

5gal is only a pony keg... thats only like 45-50 beers. We haven't met yet... :ahoy:

I'm going to bring 2x 18's of burner beers to dump into the community coolers whatevers on-sale.
I'm going to bring a big standup cooler we can stick outside - its big, leaks, and eats ice... but it works great for parties.

You just grabbed a couple of the giant packs? I'm going to duplicate your beef - also from costco.

Also bringing some hot sauces to get rid of.

Guys what's the weather looking like for this weekend do I need to pack jeans and a sweatshirt or am I OK in shorts?

I got lots of cheese 160 bottle of water fruit, veggies salad fixings

Loaded up and ready to go.. Gonna drop off the kids at school in the AM then wash the car and head out.. Look forward to seeing you guys there.

-Sam

Guys what's the weather looking like for this weekend do I need to pack jeans and a sweatshirt or am I OK in shorts?

I would bring both.. If its anything like last year it will be just right for shorts during the day but you will want jeans and perhaps a sweatshirt during the evening..

-Sam

Back