• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Installed radio, lost door locks?

EivlEvo

1993 245

I went in and finally undid the rats nest of asshattery the PO did with the wiring. Essentially removed the lower amp and the harness that links the upper and lower and went to the source. Spliced in and boom. Everything works as it should.

I know the door locking relays are behind center vents. Is there anything else I might've gotten into inadvertently that might've caused the door locks to stop working?

Fuse 8 is still intact? Also, make sure the harness plug under the column that connects the driver's door power door lock switches to the relays, etc, is connected properly. Then, if everything checks out, tilt the center dash console forward and check the two bolts that hold the ground wires to the dash framing. Make sure they're tight.

-J

I don't think I lost the fuse since the dome lights etc still seem to be working.

I did have to yank a CRAPLOAD of wiring out from the upper radio cubby into the drivers footwell to A. get his garbage wiring out of there and B. I installed my radio in the lower cubby. I know specifically pulling the antenna wire through was a yank job... it's just odd I'd've bumped BOTH relays?

Anybody have a pic or better location of the aforementioned harness plug? It seems plausible that that's an issue.

I found the issue. On the back side of the plug that the radio (Volvo factory) harness (below the ignition key adjacent to the cruise control module) plugs into to split it to the upper and lower cubby for the amp, there were TWO green wires going into ONE pin. I snipped them both but capped one and connected the other thinking like an idiot or something. Pulled out the multi-meter and went beeping around. Got it plumbed back in correctly and ALSO found that I mixed up my switched and constant wiring so sorted that.

Short story long. The POs terrible wiring is undone. I have a radio in the lower cubby and everything is working as it should.

Back