• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best door weather strip adhesive

Hello...are there any preferences on the best adhesive to use to re-glue the weather stripping on the door of my 760 wagon? I wonder if any glue will actually hold it.

Thanks

th

I have used this on 8-10 cars now, with perfect results. Stay away from the yellow version of it, it sucks.

924871P

It's roughly $12.50 on Amazon. Look for 3M 08008 Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive Tube

I have used this on 8-10 cars now, with perfect results. Stay away from the yellow version of it, it sucks.

924871P

It's roughly $12.50 on Amazon. Look for 3M 08008 Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive Tube

^^ I have used the same for years with great results. Once cured, the weatherstrip isn't going anywhere.

+1
My lazy buddy wanted a WRX spoiler on his Impreza when we were in HS(when the first WRX was offered to the U.S. Market). I had some of this in my tool box and it stayed on all through to our Senior year, when he sold the car. Got an extra $1,000 out of the dude for it. LOL It was put to the test, being run through car washes and taken on gravel roads.

My experience over 40+ years is that if you need to stick something to something else look to 3M first. If something else is 50% cheaper are you saving more than $10?

"Glue, or nail, together two things that have never been glued or nailed together before, and some schmuck will buy it."
George Carlin-1975

He told me he preferred 3M products...

I always have a tube of this in my roll around at the ready,This & butyl rubber ribbon is the bodyman's favorite quick fix.

Back