• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I think my 13C is dying!?!

xallenx

Hi,
I have a feeling my turbo is about to die. I have the aw71 tranny and I've noticed that I'm not getting Max boost until I hit 4500 RPM. What is the stock RPM to hit Max boost on a 13c with an auto tranny? Thanks!

Shaft play? Exhaust restriction?

I'd say you should definitely be at max boost by 2500, though IDK how different an auto is.

Do you know if the turbo is original to car? If your sig is accurate at 300k? I would say at the very least, you need to rebuild turbo. And you probably have a boost leak.

Yup, it's original. I have a replacement 13c with lower miles on it. I guess it's time to switch it. Any good write ups for a straight swap. This will be my first time doing it.

Yup, it's original. I have a replacement 13c with lower miles on it. I guess it's time to switch it. Any good write ups for a straight swap. This will be my first time doing it.

Pretty straightforward. Disconnect hoses, unbolt downpipe flange, unbolt banjo fittings and you are ready to remove the nuts holding the turbo to the manifold.

Only difficulty might be the removal of the oil return pipe from the turbo. Some 1/4" tools (which I did not have) might come in handy, and you may need to loosen the wastegate rod from the turbo to give more clearance.

Replace your old gaskets.

Also, drain your coolant if you do not want to spill ****loads of coolant as you unbolt the banjo fittings from your turbo. Clamping off the hoses might work as well.

Last edited:
Is the turbo making any unusual noises? Is the car burning oil? Probably a good idea to check all of the turbo plumbing and WG actuator rod before swapping out the whole turbo.

Back