• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My Volvo 142 - 8.79-255km/h @ 1/4 mile

phredde

300+ Member
300+ Club
877hp at the crank at 7250 rpm, 910Nm at 6000rpm. e85 fuel, 2.85 bar boost.

Clip of a 8.84 run:
http://race.ulkhyvlers.net/movies/phredde_vs_micke.mp4

DSC_3955.jpg

DSC_3957.jpg

DSC_3438.jpg

DSC_1365.jpg

Whoa..... That's incredible, awesome car! That BMW scoots right along too.

What blow off valve and wastegate are those? They both look really sweet. Haha I like how you shaved off the VOLVO from the valve cover. You must have HUGE injectors if there's only 4 of them! And what engine management?

Ive been looking for more pics of your car...
What happened to the Impellerheadz webpage?
Youra is the koolest 142 on the planet....looked great when white

:omg:

Your website has been down for a long time- is there somewhere I can get all the details on your car? It's a pretty big influence on my own 142 16v turbo project.

The blowoff is from the bmw boys "pure performance factory" www.pure-pf.com and the wastegate is a xo2 china made bought on ebay. I run 8 1600cc injectors, but I'm only using a little more than half of the capacity on e85. I'm using LinkPlus G3 engine management.

Whoa..... That's incredible, awesome car! That BMW scoots right along too.

What blow off valve and wastegate are those? They both look really sweet. Haha I like how you shaved off the VOLVO from the valve cover. You must have HUGE injectors if there's only 4 of them! And what engine management?

Yeah the site has been down for a while now.. Here are some specs:

Engine:

B230 block, (stock, not filled), o-ringed (stainless pianowire around the cylinders)
H-beam rods
JE pistons
B23 crank
stock head gasket
16v head, ported by me 264cfm on intake and 251 on exhaust
enem L9 cams, 10.35mm lift, 276 duration
custom exhaust header built by myself
custom intake built by myself
Borg Warner turbo, 74mm in/88mm out
8x1600cc injectors
LinkPlus G3 Engine Management
3xbosch 044 fuel pumps
aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
e85 fuel

Drivetrain:

nascar 7.25" tilton 3 disc clutch
Jerico DR-4 4-speed transmission
9" strange center section, custom diamondback housing built by myself
35 spline axles

chassis:

stock front suspension
rear halfbacked, 4-link, anti-roll bar, qa1 shocks
31x10.5 hoosier slicks

fiberglass front and trunk lid, plastic windows in the doors.

:omg:

Your website has been down for a long time- is there somewhere I can get all the details on your car? It's a pretty big influence on my own 142 16v turbo project.

Awesome- thank you. To be honest, as long as I beat the 11.97 I ran on my Bandit 1200 I'll be a happy man.

Do you mind telling how much the cams were? How long did it take you to port the head? Stock valves? Are you using solid lifters? When does the boost come in? What's the compression ratio?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but as I'm building a similar car it all helps.

Do you mind telling how much the cams were?
Maybe I can answer this question at least.

If the prices at ENEM are right, then the cams would cost 540-580 GBP for a set.

Och phredde... J?kligt nice bil. Jag gillar den skarpt. Kul att du postar h?r s? att de andra som talar utrikiska har lite att dregla ?ver.

WOW.

someone get this guy an extra 300+ emblem, being that he's pushing towards triple that!

Amazing car!

M.

Back