• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New club 300+ hp - see if you apply!

I am down
I figure my car weighs at least 3200 with me in it and i trap 98
soo i guess i am In :x:

A while back My M3 dyno'd 242rwhp (chip, pulleys and cat-back exhaust) and weighed about 3200lbs with me in it (3030lbs plus my 165lbs self) and it trapped 101mph. so 3200lbs and 98mph is a bit short according to my math.

And Kenny - show me a streetable 380 RWHP naturally aspirated stock stroke Mustang that you're so blase about, please.

Now I didn't see the show but I believe Sean Hyland built one easily and sort of cheaply on Sports car revolution (or whatever the name of the previous show was) on speed channel. But that was using a 4.6 mod motor not the old Iron Block windsor, which have alot more development time. Maybe someone can pitch in who actually saw it but I think I remember hearing 440rwhp. But that could be way off.

He does list a 400hp crate motor...
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/mustang-crate-engines.shtml

A while back My M3 dyno'd 242rwhp (chip, pulleys and cat-back exhaust) and weighed about 3200lbs with me in it (3030lbs plus my 165lbs self) and it trapped 101mph. so 3200lbs and 98mph is a bit short according to my math.

I'd guess you're in with your 245.

Speaking of that, I still remember the autocross video of it, and the picture from your avatar...Although it seems like you disappeared for a bit (Or maybe its just me not noticing?) either way, it left an impression....

I'd guess you're in with your 245.

Speaking of that, I still remember the autocross video of it, and the picture from your avatar...Although it seems like you disappeared for a bit (Or maybe its just me not noticing?) either way, it left an impression....

When I get down time at work i'll skim the internet. No that 1/4 trap was in the BMW couple of years ago. The wagon is yet to have a successful trip to the drag strip. Between breaking stuff, fuel issues and rain I doubt I'll ever get a good run at it. These Pansy drag racers shut down in the rain.... what is this Nascar... thats weak!

My engine is dynoed 647hp @ 7250rpm with 2.0 bar boost.

video clip: http://www.impellerheadz.com/film/phredde-060704-vcd.mpg

dynocap.jpg

NICE! That motor sounds awesome! What kind of work do you have done to the head? cams? portwork? bigger valves? Thanks for any info!

Ben

head ported by myself, stock valves, solid lifters, cams 10.5mm lift and 276 duration. Stock 16v head with minor adjustments easily gets you over 550 hp.

head ported by myself, stock valves, solid lifters, cams 10.5mm lift and 276 duration. Stock 16v head with minor adjustments easily gets you over 550 hp.

Phredde,

you're too modest.

I love your header... it looks like an octopus strangling a kitten. The intake is great as well... must be like 4 or 5 liters correct?

What type of pistons/rods are you using?

When is your next race?

regards,

Mike

PS... you should really make a showroom thread about your car.... We'd all like to see more pictures.

Yep I will put some fresh pictures up later on, I'm using stock B23ET pistons and a set of 15 year old Verdi rods. Next race is on saturday.. nothing serious, 1/8 mile track, no preparation made on the asphalt.. it's a race for streetcars that want to test the cars in a legal way but it will be fun anyway.. :) But check videoclips on my webpage http://www.impellerheadz.com/film.htm

Hello all, My first post at T-bricks. It's not 647hp. It's on stock internals. This dyno sheet may not quite get me in, but since this run I have added an 18T (up from a 17g), a thermal coated S60R exhaust manifold and a 3" stainless steel downpipe (previously stock exhaust manifold and dp). As soon as I get those results I should clear the bar. Make the call!

dyno.jpg

Unfortunately, my ECU is not adjustable, however I do have a new map coming to match my setup. Once I get that I will be back to the dyno for some more testing to see how it reacts.

Back