• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brown 244 GL

Thanks guys, means a lot! :)

Finally had a little time and ripped out the drivers seat, inspected it and found only two loose bolts... Fortunately nothing is cracked or bent in the whole frame! Dropped the backrest foam at an upholstery guy for some proper reinforcement.

Also cut another half coil on the right front corner. (without spring compressor :oogle: ) Now instead of 15mm difference in height between the sides, it has ~3-5mm which im fine with...

Last edited:
Yeah, ****ty brown :lol:

Got a temporary permission again to drive the car, I couldn't wait!
Went on two trips with it, and as i count i put almost 500kms to this thing in this two day! Never missed a beat, nothing crapped itself and finally the speedo works too!
Bro checked the speedo pcb and we just swapped in a smaller resistor in the signal circuit on the pcb. Now it works flawlessly without any jumps or sudden stops.

By the way its a cop magnet in my hometown.... Again i was pulled over.
We saw two policemen standing right next to a mobil speed camera. We gently rolled by and i quickly checked mirrors... Saw both of them leaving the camera there and running towards their cop car... :rofl:
But nothing serious happened, i told them this is the test drive as the car is just "finished". :)
At least we made it to the top at Csesznek:

Tires were kinda scary in the rain so i swapped to my buddy's set.

Went to Budapest too, met with narancs to bring the M90 output flange for future projects. :cheers:
Saw bunch of cops today but nobody bat an eye on us. :roll:

It got real dirty from the pouring rain on the previous 3 trips, and initially i wasnt really a fan of these rims.

After a wash they look decent

But I'm still going to keep those 14" stockies. :-P

he enjoys washing his car more then actually driving it..:-P
18424249_1354482767975385_7216955554375346469_n.jpg

The cops were just jealous of your ride...

:cool:

he enjoys washing his car more then actually driving it..:-P

Thats not true!! :rofl:

Got the seat backfoam from the upholstery guy, he did a nice job, much better than what i could have achieved with my own knowledge.

I found the upper part a bit tooo soft so i put there a seat belt strap... I may change this later to more elastic stuff, its a tad bit stronger than necessary. We will see how comfy it is on long trips.

Now the interior is all complete again:

Gangsta lean is sadly still there, much less, but thats another day's work. Worn out mechanism needs adjustment on both sides...

:-P

Missing rubber trim to the front is coming from the UK, it has almost all the mounting rubber pins, and hopefully its not shortened by the sun.

Last edited:
:grrr: :lol:

In preparation for inspection I finally fixed the headlight wiper issue. Also threw on the new washer nozzles to the arms I got from David.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jmHrqhNIPBE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
:dance: Its finally road legal!

Inspector guy even said he'd love to see more cars in this good condition coming to the mot station.

I'm glad all my work and thoughts were just about right, they did not complain about anything, it passed without a hiss. :cool:

Had to threw on another set of rimpz which had the correct size tires... Virgos... I dont know if i like the look or not. :lol:

Unfortunately fuel tank leaks at the right front part. It seems it only pisses a bit of fuel out when i fill it, so I'm thinking its maybe a hairline crack in the filler neck flex part. Or i don't know... Right now i'm not really into pulling the tank back but i'm open for ideas!

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:

As the brownie is finally road legal, and my buddy Man? works in Germany for 7 weeks, i got the job to prep his car for his great trip to the Nordkapp: http://vikingtour17.blogspot.hu

We already wrote an A4 paper full of things to do on the car.
First thing I touched was the speedo. Its a '82, B19A/M45 with speedo cable and 3,91 axle... You can imagine it would be better with a five speed gearbox.

We already have a bare M46 and an M90. Both without speedo cable output. I'm in a process of adapting the M90 to the blue mockup car, but it may wont get finished till the trip. So worst case we'll just swap transmissions between brownie and his car.

Knowing that eventually we will put in the G80 to its axle with a proper 12 tooth tone ring, its straightforward to use the electric speedo now with a five speed gearbox without speedo cable.
So i did a few things...

As the ratio is so close to 4, the speedo is pretty much spot on, and moves way much nicer than the cable speedo.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gbFslQj5bRM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I needed to resolder the speedo board, it had a cracked solder at the stepper motor. Also swapped in a new gear in place of the rubbery old one... Bolted it back together and it works nicely.

Also I helped to my brother to put the front end of his car back together. It looooks soooo fresh!

Last edited:
Been following this thread for a while now... you do great work, very nice. :cheers:

Thanks! :)

Buddy's grey 244 was a bridal car this saturday, I was the driver! :-D

It looked a bit funny with the historic rally stickers, roofrack and the ornaments, but everyone loved it! Especially little kids, "look mom, a race caar!" :lol:

Took the brownie to our favorite lake, Balaton:

Fogs were also installed and wired up. This thing still drives wonderfully, no problems so far. I only popped the hood to adjust the left headlight.

I really need to adress slipping clutch, spilling fuel while filling up, and leaking luggage compartment... :grrr:
Because why not, every time i took this car out for a spin, i have to put some fuel in it, and it surely rains. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, I think i found the causes of slipping clutch. :lol:

Whole engine side of the disc was covered in grease... It seems at the last clutch job of the blue car, they put an enormous amount of grease to the end of crankshaft, and it slowly seeped to the friction surface. PP looked and felt good enough, only slightly tapered at the friction surface.
I put the used clutch disk in that David gave me few weeks ago, gave everything a small sanding and put it together.

Well, next time we'll be more careful with this: :oops:

Fortunately we have a few spares, so its all together.

Clutch now grips like its new, holds enormous NA power all the way to redline, so I couldn't be happier. :-D

Went to the annual national Volvo meet and had a great time. As soon as i parked the car guys walked up and we started talking about stuff.

There was about 200 Volvos, mostly newer models and our old boxy section. These are getting more and more rare here. One 145, 7-8 240...
Two bertones, this sexy prv 262:

And this bitchin b230ft 780 with its original californian plates:

Anyone know what can be found by just the number plate? Owner was curious, accidents, etc.

Finally someone took a nice photo of my car too :cool: :

It was funny when i left the car there without closing the hood all the way and i looked back, some guys opened the hood and checked whats under there. :-P

As this meet was a part of a big event (drag, drift, slalom) we could run on these for free. I just tried two drag runs, here's the second:

Timeslips, I was on the B track both times. Third gear almost topped out at the end, 3,54 axle, stock B230F, 3wheels, lift and tools in trunk, M47... Gosh, poor gearbox does not like fast shifting... :lol:

David was also here with his godfather and his 242.

So yeah, it was a fun meet. :)

After i arrived at home, i seen that the diff pinion seal just started to leak... :grin:

Last edited:
Back