• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 Blown turbo hose????

fortee9er

Yesterday I was driving my 1986 760 turbo, in a spirited manner when I heard a very loud bang. Immediately the car lost power and I couldn't get it beyond 2500 rpm. At least it limped home.
Before the bang I had the boost gauge pegged, the boost seem to build effortlessly. Then I heard a tinny rattle that I thought was the waste gate malfunctioning. I checked for a loose turbo hose but didn't see anything obvious.
I have two questions:
1- What do you think happened?
2- Where can I get silicone hoses and heavy duty hose clamps? Perhaps a hose kit for the 740/760 turbo cars.
Thank You
Jorge

No hole in block? And I think there's a silicon hose group buy but I'd go to the junkyard and pull what you need. You might want to isolate the problem before you buy something though:)

I've had a turbo to intercooler hose blow off because I forgot to tighten a clamp. Also check the hoses from intercooler to throttle body. A boost leak would allow the engine to idle but the car was lucky to get up to 45 mph.

Check the wastegate actuator. Sounds like the rod stuck and you over boosted to the point of blowing the hose apart/off.

Last edited:
Been there, done that.

hose1.jpg

hose2.jpg

hose3.jpg

Back