• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.2 chips may be a reality

Well... I've got a 541 :badboy: I'd be willing to test it. I lack the cash, however. What's the difference b/t the 541 and 591 anyways?
Well... I need to collect the cash for the chip. They are not free you know. Several $1000 has been spent here.

The chip for the 541 works so I don?t need anyone to test that I think. But I need to know wether or not they work in the US/Canadian ECU?s.

There is no noticeable difference between the 541 and 591. The 591 is listed as the replacement ECU for the 541. Maybe it is a couple of % smarter, but like I said it is not noticeable. At least not when they are noth chipped.

Well... I need to collect the cash for the chip. They are not free you know. Several $1000 has been spent here.

The chip for the 541 works so I don?t need anyone to test that I think. But I need to know wether or not they work in the US/Canadian ECU?s.

There is no noticeable difference between the 541 and 591. The 591 is listed as the replacement ECU for the 541. Maybe it is a couple of % smarter, but like I said it is not noticeable. At least not when they are noth chipped.

I think I have a spare 541 I can try. I'll know more by Wed, unless someone else would like to try first.

I really need someone to be the first to try the 541 chip (and conversion kit if nessecary).

Preferrably yesterday!

I?d love to get one of these chips. I?m covertting to EZK. Sorry for bringing up an old thread but what?s happpening with these??

LH2.2 chips may be a reality.

I have really not got any real response from anyone since I announced the possibility of a future chip even though it seems like it is badly wanted... SO COME ON GUYS, ANNOUNCE YOUR INTEREST!

Tell me that you are interested by sending me a simple PM and I will list you as interested buyers. It will not be a commitment to buy anything. When the day comes, you will be asked if you want to buy it or not, now or in a later group-buy.

I have a chipped lh2.2 from sbabbs, but I still have my stock 740Ti ecu. If you PM me, I can ship you my stock 2.2 for you to test out if you'd like. I'm definitely someone interested to see what you come up with in terms of chipping the 2.2

I thought the chipped ecu ran pretty well the 89 turbo. Suggest you check in with Sbabbs and see what else he has.

Oh, no I'm not looking for a new one. Perfectly happy with what I have. I'm just saying that If he needed another ECU to use for his work, I could ship him the one I had.

I did some NA chips with higher rev limit, but you gotta use ignition that revs higher.. Like msd. I also have done some 2.2 EZK 16v NA ignition chips. Turbo also.

I did some NA chips with higher rev limit, but you gotta use ignition that revs higher.. Like msd. I also have done some 2.2 EZK 16v NA ignition chips. Turbo also.

I see. Since it's my daily, i'm just looking for little upgrades here and there to gain a little power and make driving more fun. About to drop in a B cam hopefully this weekend.

Way late to the party. Newer member here who has just been doing research on the +T. Never posted on a forum before and I know this thread is ancient so please forgive my newb status and most likely stupid Question.

I have an 88 244 dl m47 and have been reading up on the +T. And of course lh2.2 I've had to read up on the ezk conversion at minimum (which I plan to do). All of that reading has led me to this ancient thread and Post #10. So after months of poking around this site I finally have a question.

Post #10 is talking about the different boards in the Chrysler ICU's early and late model. Late model being 88 89 Where Chrysler went to a single board with a Motorola chip. this just got me thinking... Did Chrysler design this icu just for Volvo or was it also used on Chrysler's of that time?

So after looking at wiki for Chrysler 4 cylinder motors for those years I come across a section on the icu that reads really close to post number 10. In 88 89 they used Motorola CHIP 68HC11. This just made me curious because if Chrysler used these style icu's would that make the chips from say the 88 89 daytona turbo icu compatible. Could it be soldered into the the Volvo icu?

Anyways I was just wondering. Like I said probably a stupid question anyways.

Post #10 is talking about the Bosch EZ117K ICU Ignition Control Units. There are 2 versions, both Bosch part number 0 261 201 012. The 2 board version, with the Intel (Philips) 8049 CPU, has a smaller label; the 1 board version, with the unknown Motorola CPU, has a slightly larger label.

AFAIK, sbabbs is the only one around setup to convert the soldered-down 2-board version into a chipable box, and to sell performance programmed 8049 CPUs.

Oops. I read that all wrong and for some reason thought the post was talking about the Chrysler ICU even though it clearly states BOSCH. Thanks for the quick reply and lesson.

BTW I am also in CO (GOLDEN), the main reason I'm looking for a little more power is the uphill on ramp to I-70 from Colfax heading east.... I take this route on a daily and I'm lucky to be doing 40mph by the time my lane ends and I have to merge into all the semis with no breaks flying down the mountain.

Anyways thanks again, I will just stick to reading for now. (I will also try to comprehend what I'm reading)

Way late to the party. Newer member here who has just been doing research on the +T. Never posted on a forum before and I know this thread is ancient so please forgive my newb status and most likely stupid Question.

I have an 88 244 dl m47 and have been reading up on the +T. And of course lh2.2 I've had to read up on the ezk conversion at minimum (which I plan to do). All of that reading has led me to this ancient thread and Post #10. So after months of poking around this site I finally have a question.

Post #10 is talking about the different boards in the Chrysler ICU's early and late model. Late model being 88 89 Where Chrysler went to a single board with a Motorola chip. this just got me thinking... Did Chrysler design this icu just for Volvo or was it also used on Chrysler's of that time?

So after looking at wiki for Chrysler 4 cylinder motors for those years I come across a section on the icu that reads really close to post number 10. In 88 89 they used Motorola CHIP 68HC11. This just made me curious because if Chrysler used these style icu's would that make the chips from say the 88 89 daytona turbo icu compatible. Could it be soldered into the the Volvo icu?

Anyways I was just wondering. Like I said probably a stupid question anyways.

Go and experiment. That would be really cool.

Oops. I read that all wrong and for some reason thought the post was talking about the Chrysler ICU even though it clearly states BOSCH. Thanks for the quick reply and lesson.

BTW I am also in CO (GOLDEN), the main reason I'm looking for a little more power is the uphill on ramp to I-70 from Colfax heading east.... I take this route on a daily and I'm lucky to be doing 40mph by the time my lane ends and I have to merge into all the semis with no breaks flying down the mountain.

Anyways thanks again, I will just stick to reading for now. (I will also try to comprehend what I'm reading)

Did you guys see the big tan bus broken down on the side of I-70 westbound outside of Golden last weekend of June/first weekend of July? Yeah I was on that bus.

Don't mind me. I'm just posting to follow this convo......

Back