• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Will it spool?

it would be fine on ur car there would be more lag of course your probably hit full boost around 3000rpm. ive got a holset hx35w for my 900 which will be on the road in the next month so you will be fine

I would be concerned about boostcreep with an internal waste gate designed for high boost diesel use. Only way i would stick that turbo on a redblock is with a twinscroll header and twin wastegates.

Skinny rods, m46 + holset? Is this a DD?

Yes yes and yes. For now. I am just collecting parts to build a car in the 250 whp range. Of course the skinny rods and m46 will be long gone/destroyed before then which will be replaced with a 90+ engine and t5 trans

boost creep isn't bad if you open the port up. I had solid control from 10 to 20psi, with just the usual mbc spike.

Gary, weren't you running a hx35 at some point in time?

HE351. The HX have a 12cm exhaust housing the HE341/351 and the HY35 have the 9cm housing, so they are better, but still a bit laggy. I've ditched the holset scene and gone with a bit more appropriate turbo, with nothing but awesome results. MUCH more drivable for a daily, still capable of 450hp, but just better manners in general.

Well I am pretty new to the turbo upgrade scene past the usual 15g and like everyone else, pinching pennies, so I think ill see if that holset can be had for $60 and just see where it goes.

On the other hand I have a nice 16t w/ a flat flange. Have not put it on because I dont think ill see much difference from the 15g w/ conical flange....Would this be more practical?

Flat flange on a 16T will be a good bit different than a conical on the 15G, purely due to the housing. The cold side isn't that much different. Just be aware on stock EMS you may find yourself missing the off-boost and low RPM power. I know mine was on chipped 2.4, even on E85, where the nice new turbo has none of those issues, nor did my flat-flanged 15g. Also keep in mind the need for a custom WG actuator, some form of CBV, and different IC piping. Also dunno how the skinny rods will handle it...

Flat flange on a 16T will be a good bit different than a conical on the 15G, purely due to the housing. The cold side isn't that much different. Just be aware on stock EMS you may find yourself missing the off-boost and low RPM power. I know mine was on chipped 2.4, even on E85, where the nice new turbo has none of those issues, nor did my flat-flanged 15g. Also keep in mind the need for a custom WG actuator, some form of CBV, and different IC piping. Also dunno how the skinny rods will handle it...

Hmmmm. I just swapped in an IPD turbo cam and lost a ton of low end....Dunno if I want to lose any more:e-shrug:

Back