• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Power Seat Motor Question

AQfOreVer

Replacing a power seat motor and trying to test. Two big wires and two little wires at the connecter. Understand what the two big wires are (reversing polarity power / ground) but what are the two little wires for???? Half afraid to put power to the big wires for fear of irreparable damage to the motor!

Anyone know???

Yes, it is a memory seat. But, it seems that the non-memory seat also has those little wires. I wonder if they have something to do with stopping the motor when it reaches the end of its travel? I just don't know.

One is ignition. I know that much. I had to pull a power seat at the yard and I sneaked a battery from their for sale pile and brought it over to the car and applied power to the thin ignition ON wire and then figured out the polarity on the large wires to move the seat so I could access the bolts.

Okay, so you energized one of the small wires and then, in turn, grounded each of the big wires? I guess I thought the big wires would carry, alternatively, the power / ground. Now I am confused.

Thanks for responding, it gives me more to explore.

Large guage wires power the motors. Thin gauge is power and ground for the memory!

Reverse polarity on large gauge to.change motor direction.

The thin wire that has BLACK in its ground.

Back