• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Junkyard bolt on clutch slave cylinder?

maxitoman007

Are there any vehicles with a clutch slave that would be a direct or very close to direct fit on my Volvo 740 Turbo? No volvos in the jy right now and don't want to pay full price for a new one/ rebuild kit as shipping to Canada is usually crazy.

Thanks, Max

Sheesh, click 'Canada' on that 'Free shipping' eBay auction, and the shipping goes to $48.

WTH, Canada!

Shipping for that costs more for me than the actual product. Although I appreciate you guys telling me to pretty much just buy a new one, that's pretty much my last option. I would really like to find one I can pull in the jy, it would be 5x cheaper.

Been looking and some ebay ads advertise that their slave cylinders work for 740s 940s S90s and V90s could these work?

:cries:

Buck up bucko, pay the money and fix your car.

They're all worn out by now.

ryanfay had to replace his last year too.

This is a zero f**ks given project car that's already way over budget. For me, buying new is not really an option. I'll be surprised if this car lasts a year so no point buying parts that will outlast it.

Even cheaper, is the exedy slave. Shipped to my house, INCLUDING tax and duties is 59.58$ Canadian Peso's.

Since your not looking for something Volvo specific...I just removed the slave cylinder from my daughter's '13 Focus. You can have it for shipping cost.

It probably won't fit, but since you're open to ideas, maybe enough duct tape and zip ties will make it work.:roll:

I took some time out of my day and did some research for you.

Cross referencing the part number for the slave for other fitments, it shows just Volvo's. Nothing else seems to use that slave.

Good luck.

Back