• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 and 240 Spoilers!

JordanTBoehm

I need the confusion I have with Volvo spoilers cleared up....

Did Volvo ever have an OEM spoiler for the 740? When I was super young I remember a spoiler on my mom's black 740 Turbo from the 1980's. It looked like it was made for the car and it fit oh so well.

What other spoilers can I fit onto the trunk? I saw someone on here with some sort of pontiac spoiler on their car. How hard is it to mount a spoiler, that wasn't even made for the car?

Do 240's and 740's use the some mounting brackets, bolts, size etc... to fit a spoiler?

I am trying to scope out all my options to eventually get a spoiler mounted on my trunk.

Also, post pics of your 740's with spoilers!

As for the 740s, there were stock spoilers. Are you referring to sedans or wagons? As for the 240s vs. 740s, I have no idea.

This is the sedan spoiler:
imag0055.jpg

The white one is a SE spoiler, the black one is not. SE spoilers do not have that much of an angle, are not that high and extend to the edges of the rear quarter panels.

I am actually going to test fit the white one on my GT one day fairly soon...probably after the holidays...spoiler needs to be painted, so does the GT so...it may find a new home

Back