• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wheel Adapter sizes

940pusher

Ok so my cousin has a Mazdaspeed3 whick he purchased new rims for. So i ended up with his nice stock rims 18"x7.5 5x114.3. I would like to run them on my 89 240. This bring me to my question. What size adapter could i use? I have found a few sets of adapters but around 32mm-20mm. 32's are cheap but, are they too big? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Be careful when you order adapters for your wheels: I ordered some to run some 5X108 wheels on a 5X114.3 car and found out the hard way that the wheels have holes for the studs that are too small for the adapters.

Curious if the 8mm(.315") rear offset increase has to do with his particular wheels or is that a general offset to shoot for(providing there's enuf fender room) ?

To achieve optimal wheel flushness.

Otherwise use a smaller adapter thickness, which would allow a wider tire.

I thought 240 is et20, so 52.5 subtract 20 = 32.5

That sounds right, if sticking with stock tire diameter, to produce no change in scrub radius, however an 18x7.5" wheel with a tire that isn't stretched might cause clearance issues in front unless even thicker adapters are used.

Be careful when you order adapters for your wheels: I ordered some to run some 5X108 wheels on a 5X114.3 car and found out the hard way that the wheels have holes for the studs that are too small for the adapters.

You should be able to choose the stud size when ordering

Back