• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2001 V70 Superturbo build

all right trying to get back to multiple replies at once. Yes i know people have done this with 850's and such even the vid above with just about the same car though that looks like a R and definitely newer but practically the same engine. Yes gonna turn the engine 90 and get the trans directly to the engine, transfer case would not handle this if I left it opposed.
It's a little to be different around here because everyone and their momma has an american engine built up in the southern US. But also because of the challenge and enjoyment of doing it. The fact that there's people saying it's been done in one way or the other is a nice rebuttal to those saying blow my money on hookers etc. As far as my mommas volvo well that comment seems to indicate you think I'm a kid. 37 years old bro deal with it. a kid would start buying parts and never get it done. I am planning very meticulously and have a long list of parts already hunted down and bookmarked. Not one penny will be spent till I know I've found everything to make this work and have sorted out what to do about any foreseeable kink. Of course i'm sure I'll come across the unexpected, that's how these things go, but meticulous planning will minimize that.

This is the only part I find credible, but also highly indicative of this not happening.

yes ceramic bearings. was gonna whine about having to go over the unmentioned details but i guess in your own twisted way your trying to look out will def throw up a thanks to anyone who mentions something I didn't already think of.

So what about that says I don't know what I'm doing? standard internals will not handle the pressure and RPM's I'm aiming for. Standard cylinders will just split from the pressure. What do you see so wrong? I mean I am asking for advice, but your only passing judgement.

Because you're just saying a bunch of buzzwords from 1320 videos that mean nothing. CNC the cylinders? Most machines shops have manual machines with a digital readout maybe. Not CNC for boring cylinders. Billet everything. What does that really mean? You're going to make your alternator puller all shiny for no reason? Head studs? Do you need them?

Going to have my friend that works in the machine shop handle any welding he's got 17 years of experience on that building parts for industrial machines. The guy can weld anything.

There's the key phrase. "I have a friend who is going to do all this amazing work for free/cheap" Yeah every one loves spending hundreds of hours of work for free. Friendship pays the bills. This is the common phase that just about every bench racer I see come in and put down as excuse for trying to step up well beyond their skill level.

Here's some actual advice. Start with something realistic. I don't know what your big deal is with V8 swap or v8 guys and making them cry? But I'm not one to kink shame. It seems like you've heard a lot of cool buzz words on youtube videos but maybe don't know what they really mean, or what you really need. That's why a lot of people assumed you were a kid. You need to start off with something grounded. Instead of 5 turbos, and superchargers, and electric motors, and billet head studs overnighted from japan. Start with a turbo swap, rebuilding the engine with a better bottom end. Something a lot easier.

:clap::drama::rofl:
probably should use a different username for your various dating profiles ;)

Last edited:
Because you're just saying a bunch of buzzwords from 1320 videos that mean nothing. CNC the cylinders? Most machines shops have manual machines with a digital readout maybe. Not CNC for boring cylinders. Billet everything. What does that really mean? You're going to make your alternator puller all shiny for no reason? Head studs? Do you need them?

There's the key phrase. "I have a friend who is going to do all this amazing work for free/cheap" Yeah every one loves spending hundreds of hours of work for free. Friendship pays the bills. This is the common phase that just about every bench racer I see come in and put down as excuse for trying to step up well beyond their skill level.

Here's some actual advice. Start with something realistic. I don't know what your big deal is with V8 swap or v8 guys and making them cry? But I'm not one to kink shame. It seems like you've heard a lot of cool buzz words on youtube videos but maybe don't know what they really mean, or what you really need. That's why a lot of people assumed you were a kid. You need to start off with something grounded. Instead of 5 turbos, and superchargers, and electric motors, and billet head studs overnighted from japan. Start with a turbo swap, rebuilding the engine with a better bottom end. Something a lot easier.

Sorry I assumed you would understand by billet everything I meant the engines bottom end internals. It's not buzzwords I've heard. My main pc is down right now liquid cooler leaked so my parts list is unavailable but would posting what I've found so far give some credibility? If so I'll swap the hard drive and get that on here when I get back from taking these kids trick or treating. I taught myself to build high performance pc's and repair just about everything digital have been doing that for years. I've always done all my own auto repairs and household repairs. I know my way around things and have a very broad skill set. gotta go be back later.

Man you guys are so disrespectful, I’d really like to see what he builds here, we should be encouraging him! Personally I have 100% confidence this is happening.

OP, I built my first computer in 6th grade. Building a computer is easier than building one of those Lego sets you get in the checkout line at the grocery store.

You know, the ones placed there for kids to whine about until checkout.

OP, I built my first computer in 6th grade. Building a computer is easier than building one of those Lego sets you get in the checkout line at the grocery store.

You know, the ones placed there for kids to whine about until checkout.

This, if you can use a screwdriver you can build a desktop PC. The real talent is programming one well

Back