• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsquirt 16v+t

haltechsupra

16v Turbo Wagon+6speed

-Very picture and video heavy- and a little background on why i am, who i am-
I introduce to you "Black Widow".

sxuVwPh.jpg

fN0RCbr.jpg

yfh7Eg7.jpg

ts7ksxI.jpg

She wasn't always like this, so here's how she came to be.....

She started as 1993 volvo 945 turbo, and was a rolling chassis carcass, that i bought From Vince Mccallister in Virginia. She was engineless, transmission less, no headlights, fog lights, and missing some interior bits, as well as a few under the hood bits . She is called "Black Widow , because when i got her there was a black widow infestation behind the gas tank area. Lucky for me i didn't get bit and turn into a super hero. I ended up soaking the whole underneath of the car with berrymans B-12 chemtool, which melts any bug on contact and makes for one of the best degreasers(remove oil stains on concrete, melt wasps and on and on)-however it was a rather expensive and stinky endeavor as they are 5/9 bux a spray can.

Here is a video after spending 4 days cleaning all the tree sap and goo off the car, waxing, buffing, clay bar and repeating the process with a wet sand, I had almost forgot how well she cleaned up. https://www.facebook.com/kris.d.weldy/videos/1220418802165/

I paid $350 dollars for the old girl and with the help of the great guys at Knox Motorsports, i got quite a few pieces i needed to finish her up. Big thanks to those guys they are awesome and helped me far more than just my car when i needed help the most ( a job when my son was in hospital with pneumonia,
TUSQma4.jpg

And on and on, can't give enough thanks to Lawrence and Billy-super awesome people, very knowledgeable about everything Volvo). I quickly got the car back to near stock configuration, with the exception of a stock non turbo bottom end, and a head with larger exhaust valves.I hated the minivan we had and prior to this car i had many volvo sedans. But my first volvo love was the 1984 242 turbo that i had . My first turbo car in college, and my first Volvo, thanks to Will and Jack Harris for convincing me to buy it. They had souped up 242 gts, and i wanted in that life.

For the adhd of us, like myself-heres a 1hp r/c car in action .https://www.facebook.com/kris.d.weldy/videos/1219733545034/

So here she is with almost shock shiz.
https://www.facebook.com/kris.d.weldy/videos/1231631602478/

Meanwhile i was working iN richmond at Twinstar Bmw /volvo/saab/vw.
QWRERTi.jpg

Then I went on to work for A local chevy dealer in my home town of Louisa ,where i worked on police cars, firetrucks, and chevys.. I had already worked for Alamo autosports, Titts racing, Metroplex Toyota, Sears, Circuit city, Radio shack and a bunch of other places, i also worked on the equipment that was used to service Va roads -snowplows , sand spreader trucks, Volvo autocars, and a whole lot of other nonsense that required a one inch impact. I get bored with jobs quickly and i don't take much crap from greedy people. Here are some pics, not to brag, just for background purpose, and my personal experience.
di8Y7qw.jpg

Ysy8x44.jpg

UDVujPs.jpg

oOyTtg7.jpg

Tractor work
TPG4WNQ.jpg

8tQCeRU.jpg

kEOWkYf.jpg

uou1O8F.jpg

Skid steer work
jOfIZEC.jpg

First 16v swap i did in 06 , and basically gave away because of divorce with a turbo regal turbo on it.

Md4CaJL.jpg

NZkEZUn.jpg

Supra i did some work on back in 09 -700 hp
WWQSZg3.jpg

WZueFPN.jpg

My supra in 09, my dodge 4x4, my trailer and x wifes new car..Headed out to txt2k09-my second time to houston, TX, when i lived in arlington Tx.

VozB4Jm.jpg

Supra dyno, and how i got hired at Alamo autosports, $1 grand of mods got me 362 wheel hp and 373 ft lbs of torx back in o4. 7mgte. Before haltech and 70mm turbo. The dip in the graph is wheel spin on the dyno, look at that useable power curve!!!

2S3VKlc.jpg

Supra meet with everyone around my Halteched supra , scratching their heads, "Is this guy for real?"
hfUDpyo.jpg

Motor i pulled out of then famous grand wagon, an old volvo 245 with a regal hot turbo motor in it, Frank Yee's old ride that ran 13's waaay back in the day
T4imdEx.jpg

And i ride 4wheelers, so i bought these In 09, and went back and bought a honda 90cc in 2010
at my moms kennel..She raises giant mastiffs.

LXNABBv.jpg

QhfagCW.jpg

ZzkArWM.jpg

And i helped build a building with my fam , for my mom, who lives off the grid in West Va.
23nEDsV.jpg

Me on far right helping out race team for 24 hr lemons, 105 entries and we placed 7th iirc.Widow in background which my a/c actually saved a member from heat stroke that day
PRmtBLn.jpg

Recent pic of Frank Yee record holding 8 second quarter mile BAD ASS race car in my garage for trans work I helped with, for txt2k16, in which he went to semi finals, he won the event the year before.Over 1300 wheel horse of bad assery. Faster and more power now.Record holder.
bHtbKuZ.jpg

MM1RoNc.jpg

6px0p8e.jpg

Two of my older volvos i built way before facebook time, you may remember this one that was the first of few to run 13's back in the day and got published in vcoa when i worked for TITTS racing . Was on front page of tb website for a while. First vo vo with haltech in United States back in 99
vY738Cv.jpg

And this one back in 02 with haltech and b23ft , 60-1 and a few mods
AAfj32k.jpg

C8SmQ3W.jpg

Last edited:
Those TLAO chips are a joke for 16v. Was having the same issue you were having Big waste of money in my mind.

-Yes you can use stock cranks sensor with dsm coil/ ignitor
-Couldn't get a tach signal from the dsm ignitor so I picked up an external tach module from the buchkas and had it wired to an output for tach out on the ms through a spare output
-I don't think you can run sequential with the dsm coils

I have MS2 v3.57 but same basics roll over

Last edited:
Those TLAO chips are a joke for 16v. Was having the same issue you were having Big waste of money in my mind.

-Yes you can use stock cranks sensor with dsm coil/ ignitor
-Couldn't get a tach signal from the dsm ignitor so I picked up an external tach module from the buchkas and had it wired to an output for tach out on the ms through a spare output
-I don't think you can run sequential with the dsm coils

I have MS2 v3.57 but same basics roll over

Ok enough about me..
Texas 240
.. Indeed i had bad luck with the 16v chips too. But, i had a bad wiring issue on plug before stock crank position sensor, and after the plug- wire was frayed and shorting out periodically as well. So unconfirmed on TLAO chips, plus i got them for free from him and he helped me with maf issues as best as he could, sooo, not gonna knock his product, like i made the mistake of doing before i found out it was my car..Apologies to TLAO for what i had said previously in this post before i deleted everything, and re edited.. it was NOT the chips fault, and thank you again for your help.

Last edited:
Agreed. I thought they were awesome for 8v. But for 16v, no way. Thanks Texas 240!

Dude if your idle is not 14.7 then it is not the chips/lh it is something else. If your idle is 9:1 on lh then the problem isn't lh or the chips in it but something else major wrong be it a sensor, or leaks or any one of the other many basics that lh is.

Lh and mechanical basics. The chips aka LH works just fine when you do not have many other issues.

Dude if your idle is not 14.7 then it is not the chips/lh it is something else. If your idle is 9:1 on lh then the problem isn't lh or the chips in it but something else major wrong be it a sensor, or leaks or any one of the other many basics that lh is.

Lh and mechanical basics. The chips aka LH works just fine when you do not have many other issues.

chips are still **** and I stand by that statement. Even when everything is stage zero and exactly were it needs to be the chips are still ****.

chips are still **** and I stand by that statement. Even when everything is stage zero and exactly were it needs to be the chips are still ****.

Didn't your intake manifold break when Kenny was messing with it. Sounds like your car is a piece of ****. Not mikes chips

Didn't your intake manifold break when Kenny was messing with it. Sounds like your car is a piece of ****. Not mikes chips

That was on MS and I didn't make the intake manifold, fast242gt made it so no its not a piece of ****. The welds blew out, get your info straight.

that's a bit strong, eh? it split along a seam after we got the boost up past "jesus christ what have you got the boost pressure by?!" levels.

mine never ran worth a **** with lh on it without a turbo, and I didn't even use mike's stuff, I rolled my own. If you'd like to come at me then come at me bro.

I have run microsquirt on a bunch of subaru motors. The subaru external ignitors works perfectly with the micro (probably very similar to the dsm part). Even better is the later 4 tower coils have the ignitor built in, keeps things super simple.

I'm thinking about swapping out the ms2 for a microsquirt on my 22re and getting a microsquirt to controll my 4l80e

I love how people blame mikes chips. Take them out and your car will probably still run like ass

Took his chips out and the car ran better then it ever did before on bone stock 8v chips. I got tired of dealing with Mike and his bull****. Every other time it was try this, no prevail. Replace this, no prevail. Maybe this. Rinse and repeat.

I honestly don't give a **** what other people think when it comes to "oh, its your mechanical skills and piece of **** thats not properly built or staged 0 ect. ect." when you swap straight to MS and everything is wonderful, cotton candy and boobies.

I'm clearly not the only person that was having issues with his 16v chips.

I love how people blame mikes chips. Take them out and your car will probably still run like ass

yes... a regular bag of ****... wait.. I did take lh out and gained like 200whp. But I never ran mike's 16v chips. I love how people who don't know the first thing about tuning want to tell other people how things are.

All the cars that had issue with chips...had issues otherwise. Usually by people who don't actually know how to turn a wrench.

all, yes, let's be all encompassing.

I found Mike's 8v images to be a great starting point, but ultimately shifted a number of things around when my car was still 8vt. I didn't use his 16v images, because see above and see prior history, as well as see the lh tuning thread. From a numbers standpoint the car had a great tune on it. from a performance stand point it ran like a pile of ****, so off it went.

Back