• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Post pics of your Volvo.

A couple phone shots of the 242 from this weekend. Great drive interrupted by a quick detour to find a replacement fuel pump relay after the two year old one in the car gave up. Its always something...

16Mima.jpg

16Elma.jpg

A couple phone shots of the 242 from this weekend. Great drive interrupted by a quick detour to find a replacement fuel pump relay after the two year old one in the car gave up. Its always something...

16Mima.jpg

16Elma.jpg

beautiful 242! Love the gemini wheels, have a set i need to refinish, gives me some inspiration.

Your car looks a lot like "redbrick" on here, old 242 he had for 7 years but sold around 2009?

Same color, painted bumpers and the saab 900 spoiler, but his was a flathood, assume its not the same car but that would be crazy

My new (to me) 242 DL

I'm new to this forum and to Volvo mechanics in general, although these cars have had a place in my heart since the mid 80s watching them go at it with mercs and bimmers. In anycase, I will be slowly chipping away at it to bring it up to tbricks standards (well almost since it will remain NA for the foreseeable future) :)

I just ordered Cibie headlights, and relays/harness to upgrade the headlights (from Daniel Stern web site). Next is fixing the exhaust, and heater blower motor (surprise!). There are electrical wires cut and brittle connectors in many places so that will probably have to be next.

1983 242 DL
Engine specs as far as I know: B23F with "405" head, K cams and Jetronic injection
It has a 7" round headlight + flat hood conversion - not sure from what year car.
Lowered springs, panhard bar.

24052012061_8254247b74_c.jpg

23506341934_45fdb4faae_c.jpg

For me I had lowering springs and they weren't stiff enough I'd recommend coilovers 100% or a really stiff spring.

Can't afford them quite yet plus being a daily Im aiming for a comprise. If they're too soft I'll get another set later. They'll still be a massive improvement over 10+ y/o stockers lol

Back