• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

are turbine housings interchangeable on TD04HL turbos?

autoloclys

I have a TD04HL-15g i am rebuilding to swap into my +t 240. The turbine housing has cracks around the wastegate, and before i attempted to fix them i found a used housing on ebay that claims to be from a TD04HL. A respectable amount of googling seemed to indicate that all TD04HL turbos share the same housing so i got it ($60).

HOWEVER
It does not fit my CHR. The blades bottom out against the interior of the housing before it fully seats.

The seller claims the housing is from a TD04HL-13T

What do i need to look for to ensure a replacement turbine housing will fit my turbo?

should i just get the cracks welded on the housing that came on the turbo?

That doesn't make much sense, pics might help.

TD04HL housings will swap. I've done the 13T housing to a 15G before, no issues. You cannot however use a TD04H housing onto an HL or vice versa. Different wheel size. There should be markings on the housing you bought that you can cross check what it fits.

You could weld the cracks but you'll be into it more than it'll cost for a replacement housing.

that's what i thought, if its a td04hl it should work. is a TD04H-13T a thing, could this person be confused?

the cast in markings are

88-1122

D2

and what looks like a prod date or lot info
21 03

6cm housing.
I'd have to dig around a bit to decode the rest of it. The 13T's were an HL, common to grab those housings from the yard since they are usually flat or angled housings. If yours is conical, it's not from a 13T.

All td04hl turbos use the same turbine wheel. So yes, the turbine housings will interchange. Post a picture of housing.

see below for a link to Gphotos alum

The seller claims, and sent me a photo, that the turbine housing is from a TD04HL-13G, my turbo is clearly a TD04HL-15G. There is a visible difference in the ID that doesnt allow the turbine wheel to fit inside the new housing.

both housings have a conical flange

the one from the 13g has clean holes that will mate with a studded manifold, the 15g housing has threaded holes

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QBrBwdJV1kHfTFn8A

Back