• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brown 244 GL

Roof is finally spotwelded on, one giant leap for us and the car. :bouncy: There were some small progress on the 244 too.

not sure who did all this job, but it looks good to me.. btw if you would want some help/advice/stuff/parts,let me know maybe i can be helpful too.. maybe we are pretty close, divided by one border.

Wow, thats quite the job. Looks like you are making good progress. Keep it up!

Thanks! :)

not sure who did all this job, but it looks good to me.. btw if you would want some help/advice/stuff/parts,let me know maybe i can be helpful too.. maybe we are pretty close, divided by one border.

I'm doing it all alone :nod:
Btw I'm located in Győr, near the border.

This was also welded on, and a patch was made to the rear section:

Nagyon sz?pen haladsz. Szerintem a veter?n Volvon is sokan k?v?ncsiak lenn?nek de az igaz hogy itt nagyobb a p?rg?s.
Good work!:cool:

K?szi! :)
Majd ott is friss?tek előbb ut?bb.

Gyor? hat ez fas*a.. az csak 80 kilometer van, en pedig Dioszeg(sladkovicovo) mellet elek.

Ok, ?szben tartom. ;-)

Anyway, todays progress:
Got this patch welded on:

And finally i removed the centre console sheetmetal to repair all the rust underneath.

It was a pain in the ass to remove this, but its finally out. :nod:

I even had to cut the right sill to drill out the spotwelds, because the inner sill is damaged and i did not have access from the inside... :rofl:

amazing job. My wagon has to go under the knife soon,my butt cheeks are getting rusty and I want to nip it now...before the winter hits

amazing job. My wagon has to go under the knife soon,my butt cheeks are getting rusty and I want to nip it now...before the winter hits

Thanks! And good luck fixing that! :)

My overall goal with this rust fix is that i don't want to deal with it again as long as i keep this car, and I don't want to worry about every inspection, too.
It will be parked in a garage, and from the end of the rust fix project i just want to pay attention to the mechanical bits.
Whole respray will happen when i have enough money, but thats not gonna happen in the near future. I'm on a low budget unfortunately, but thats why i chose this car. :-P

Great work here!

It's not 100% perfect as it's my first real work. :oops:
For example that lower area on the drivers floor is not as deep as it should be, but looks good. :lol:
And when i welded the lower section of the inner sill on, i started from the centre. And it warmed up so well that when i did the other welds the sill started to turn upwards... But thats nothing that a big hammer cant fix. :rofl:

Last edited:
Temporary primer is brushed on. Whole floor will be painted with good 2k paint when bodywork is finished. :nod:
Looks good. :)

This is looking great, man! Excellent work on the fabrication during this phase. Nice to see attention paid to detail putting all the factory stamped shapes into each and every repair panel. Keep up the good work!

This is looking great, man! Excellent work on the fabrication during this phase. Nice to see attention paid to detail putting all the factory stamped shapes into each and every repair panel. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the kind words! :)

However I already did not made two factory stamped rib on the last patch, they are too difficult to make without proper tools on a 1mm sheetmetal. I do my best though. :nod:

All I can say is wow... That rust repair is exceptional. It's looking really good! Keep up the good work.

Thanks, and I'm getting better and better as I do this. :)

Yesterday I made some real progress, the right B pillar got pushed into original position. I used a heavy truck lifter to do it. Right sill was cut in some places to be weak, and I put a hollow section to the left sill to distribute the load.
Also put on the replacement doors, and replaced the hinges at the drivers door.

Still have to straighten the right inner sill, because its not perfect. I hope I can make it 80-90% right, then I'll be satisfied with my work. :cool:
When all these things are in right position, I'll repair the passenger side floor and inner sill, fortunately there are less rust to worry about. :)

Last edited:
Back