• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1982 240 Full Beam stuck on!

Murploid1

Hello,

I noticed recently that my high beams had stopped working. Today I parked up and pulled back on the stalk to see if this was still the case. They turned on! Unfortunately they no longer turn off!

Does anyone have any suggestion? I will have a look at the relay and the wiring into it.

What is the best way to "turn them off" ? I do not want to blind people on my way home this evening!

Please let me know!

Relay is stuck or a ground issue most likely, I have seen the control stalk also crap out, it is a really simple circuit and 5 mins with a diagram, a wire brush and possibly a new relay and you should be good to go.

You can sometimes tap a relay to unstick it

You may have a stuck "step relay". It's the double-wide silver relay a few inches behind the battery. Try wrapping on the step-relay with a screwdriver handle.

If that doesn't do it, you might be able to unplug the high-beam bulbs if the low-beams still turn on with with headlight switch.

Has anyone taken one of these relays apart and fixed? I have yet to take mine out to take a look...
I haven't done THAT relay, but I have done other relays in my 240's. I'd expect it is a similar process.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=338620

I might have an extra between my two parts cars, but I'll have to make sure my daily driver's one is in good shape before I'd be able to give you an extra.

Back