• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1973 Volvo 145 + B230FK

WinXis

So, my daily driver right now is a red 2 door 1969 Amazon, but she is getting pretty rusty. I love driving this thing but since I already have one Amazon project I think it's time for a new daily.

My dad and I we're going to do the Carbage run next summer but we didn't make it through the selection. We already bought a car (well actually it was a trade-in) for 250 euro's.

2w6xclh.jpg

This would be the perfect victim for my new daily driver. There's only one thing wrong with it, there's a b20 in there. So me and my dad decided it needed more power.

That's when we decided to pick up this 1997 940 with a B230FK + M90L2 trans
4gvop.jpg

We will be using the ecu and wiring from the 940

I've read a lot of threads about the b230 conversion and so far the major changes that need to be made (i think) are:

-Engine mounts
-Gearbox mount
-Brakebooster?
-Ignition to the front of the engine

Please feel free to post some 140's with b230 engines since i still need some inspiration. Also, 140 guys, what we're the changes you had to make?

cool project!
cant find any pics anymore from my 142 b230fk m90 build

driven it slanted. needed to make the gearbox tunnel bigger, clutch cilinder i used one of a 940, turbo does not fit on stock position, i had it with a little adapter so it would came out higher. brake booster i used a very flat one of a 240. with a longer tube. so the brake booster came out in between alternator and trottlebody. you need to run your alternator very high. i used a high one of a 940. also you need your ignition in front of the block. no place at the back. engine mounts i fabbed from some 5mm steel plate. i did not run a oilcooler for more room for a exhaust. o and the gearing of a 140 is quite high. so a lot of revs on the highway.
only gauge that was working was the boost qauge and the fuel :)

nice car for 250,- :omg:
Drop me a line if you need the flat booster and lh2.4 wiring loom and distributor from a 240. I have it and need it gone.

Slanted is with the inlet manifold from the 940.
Upright you will need a different one. Or made your own. The M90 will run on a angle, the tunnel won't fit.
Use the wiring loom from the 240 with lH2.4, way more easy. If you still won't to use the anti theft system you have to clear the 940 loom. And the sender ring at the ignition switch unit, the full unit. A mess to do.
The 940 is with OBD, for bad luck.
If not you will need a chip for the ECU.
Have a loom for a 164 rear axle. The 145 one will be waaaay to short.
Use a FI fuel cell of a 140/164 or you need a in tank pump, or both. A catch tank will help too.
The China exhaust manifold has to be flipped, the turbo will fit after this.
Wasted spark is the way to go, ditch the dizzys.
Brake booster or hydro boost, your choice.

Lot of infos in the www
Tfrasca here ;-)

Good luck, very very cheap 145. Can't believe how stupid some people are.
Kay

Back