• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

to sell or not to sell?

Xturbo244

well after about 5 months of driving it and doing repairs as I go, I'm thinking of selling my '82 240 4dr.

I put a ford v8 in it and it was good for a while, but I'm plauged with engine problems (caused by the guy that rebuilt the motor), plus I blew a power steering hose the other day and when I put on a new one I blew a seal in the rack. I havent got the speedo working yet either.

all else works good. need new engine and rack.
not bad on fuel though, not as good as the turbo got, but not bad. what do you guys think.:confused:

If I had the moeny I would buy this nice '04 V70 R wagon here at the local Volvo dealer. nice black paint with 18" wheels and full leather. spoilers and every option there is, but they want over $42,000. thats out of my price range.

go for the S60 R with the 6 speed manual.....oooooooo baby

Hmm...

You can do it decent even if you just bought a stock quality rebuilt long block from a place that will warranty what they build.
With only three major problems sure seems like you'd be ahead with repairing the car. Getting a quality rebuilt V8 in the US isn't a tough task.
Best regards,

Back