• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Street Car

Driveworks filter?!

Back off HOMER, it's temporary.

Harness connector is pinned and the accordion boot is on. Now for the rest of it.

photo.JPG

The zip ties come off once the RT125 has cured.

What are those gray caps on the end of the fuel and oil pressure lines? Tell me they're just temporary dust caps and not the sensors.

Last edited:
What are those gray caps on the end of the fuel and oil pressure lines? Tell me they're just temporary dust caps and not the sensors.

What? Give me two 0-7 bar pressure transducers in a smaller package that are rated for fuel and oil exposure and I'll gladly use them. Until then, I'm perfectly content with what I have.

What the !@#$ do I see? Rusty wiper motor case and dirty hinges...how dare you!

I'm sure they'll be replaced by fabbed aluminum billet works of art :omg: :oogle:

Look'n good.

Yeah, yeah. :-P Fixing that stuff is predicated on a desire to do anything about it. Take a look at the rest of the car and it should be pretty obvious why I'm not tripping over myself to clean up the hinges.

In other news, the harness is installed. There are some niggles, but considering I built the entire thing without even looking at the car, I'm pretty happy with the fit.

photo.JPG

I assembled the **** out of this engine.

This cold is kicking my ass, but I've still managed to get some stuff done. Boost control solenoid and waste gate actuators are plumbed, IC piping is buttoned up, coolant lines and overflow tank are done, ran a 12V feed for the VEMS, crimped all the pins on to the chassis side bulkhead wiring, oil temp sensor is in, e-fan is all wired up, re-installed the washer pump, and the radiator mounts are fixed.

I'm probably going to need a heat shield to go between the downpipe and harness. That should be a quick job.

Last edited:
Looking good!
Have you considered welding the first IC pipe elbow directly onto the compressor housing and eliminating that coupler?

Looking good!
Have you considered welding the first IC pipe elbow directly onto the compressor housing and eliminating that coupler?

Thanks!

That's originally what I wanted to do, but there are some clearance issues that make it unattractive. If I want to remove the compressor housing, I need to rotate the housing clockwise so the compressor scroll clears the cylinder 1 exhaust runner. If the elbow was welded to the housing, it would hit the valve cover before clearing the exhaust manifold.

What I'll probably end up doing is either welding the elbow to the charge pipe to eliminate the top coupler or just getting a 90 degree adapter coupler that can come right off the compressor and mate to the 3" charge piping.

Looking good!

Thanks!

That's originally what I wanted to do, but there are some clearance issues that make it unattractive. If I want to remove the compressor housing, I need to rotate the housing clockwise so the compressor scroll clears the cylinder 1 exhaust runner. If the elbow was welded to the housing, it would hit the valve cover before clearing the exhaust manifold.

What I'll probably end up doing is either welding the elbow to the charge pipe to eliminate the top coupler or just getting a 90 degree adapter coupler that can come right off the compressor and mate to the 3" charge piping.

What's the advantage? Less coupling?

Back