• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Any updates in the past year?

Sort of. The last year we've bought a new house, made major machine purchases at work and a bunch of other life gets in the way things.

BUT: the car is headed to the body shop in a couple weeks finally. I picked up a rotisserie and just waiting for a few parts I had to fabricate to finish getting cut this week. While it's out for paint I can finish up the new garage and put the screws to the machine shop since it's finally moving again.

I also bought a brand new xc90 t6. :)

Sort of. The last year we've bought a new house, made major machine purchases at work and a bunch of other life gets in the way things.

BUT: the car is headed to the body shop in a couple weeks finally. I picked up a rotisserie and just waiting for a few parts I had to fabricate to finish getting cut this week. While it's out for paint I can finish up the new garage and put the screws to the machine shop since it's finally moving again.

I also bought a brand new xc90 t6. :)

woo! glad to hear that business is good, Doug!

woo! glad to hear that business is good, Doug!

Awesome news that business is doing well. I drool almost daily over your company's instagram! :D

:thumbsup: well done Doug.

Thanks everyone, it's much appreciated! It's been so frustrating to not have touched the car the last year (two?) but finally getting to the point where I can again. The good news is, I can fit a lift in the new garage too :D

165129846.jpg

I will say... this thing is pretty swanky.

Is it a 16 or a 17? Have the recalls done and software updates recently?

17. Haven't seen any recall notices but need to look into it. I do need a software update, there are a couple minor glitchy things.

I do wish it had a setting between fan 1 and fan 2, it's like "barely moving" and "hurricane" :rofl: Otherwise, I freaking LOVE it. Had the full work crew for a week in Anaheim back in January, drove down, drove all over LA, came back. Everyone was super comfy and happy.

large.jpg

165239906.jpg

165239907.jpg

I made the "forks" from roundstock and had flanges plasma cut and welded up to mount to the bumper shock points. Speaking of, anyone happen to know the size and thread for the bumper bolts? I haven't unpacked everything from the move yet and not sure where those bolts went :roll:

The good news is, I have a body shop lined up and he's ready for the car. This was the last main thing to get done before it goes. So maybe in 3 years I'll get it back from paint! Huzzah!

While the wagon is out of the garage I'll be able to start doing all the lighting and power in the garage to finish it off.

Back