• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Trim Adhesive

I used a blow dryer as a heat gun and softened up the old adhesive and used a PLASTIC scraper on the painted surfaces. I used some kind of solvent at the end to get the last bit of sticky goop off. It worked well, but it took a long time.

That's where the stripe eraser you mentioned comes in. It removes that adhesive and left over foam rubber with ease and leaves factory paint undamaged. It is an amazing product. I can clean up all the adhesive/foam off of a door in less than 5 minutes to a spotless condition with the 3M version. Don't buy knock off, look alike products. They are crap compared to the 3M wheel.

I used a blow dryer as a heat gun and softened up the old adhesive and used a PLASTIC scraper on the painted surfaces. I used some kind of solvent at the end to get the last bit of sticky goop off. It worked well, but it took a long time.

I did the same thing, scrapped by hand.....took forever but it worked

I just checked. The 0.045" thick tape is what I use. The moldings fit tight against the body. If the tape was any thinner, it would not adhere evenly to the body.

Back