• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Innovate SGC-1 Boost Controller good idea?

hexibot43

Yes, I've been doing a lot reading on the forum after recommendations. I haven't seen this listed on the forum. I have been trying to find the simplest path to getting more out of my 91' 940se Turbo. Innovates SGC-1 Boost controller is not a cheap unit, but it has Vac/Boost Gauge, A/F ratio Gauge, and boost controller all in one. With what looks like some nice features to protect my car from me. If it starts going to lean, kills what it was doing with boost....back to stock. Now that just makes sense. It looks like it will map out a/f / boost for you to get an idea of problems with control of boost, etc,.. Anybody using anything like this? What does everybody think?

Thx,

MAB

I want one! I have an AEM UEGO and MBC in my car, but I would like to condense all of that to one space, and then ditch the boost gauge.

I was really thinking I wanted an Analog type gauge, which this is not. What do you think of having the AFR gauge bouncing back and forth? I was thinking that I would go digital for the AFR but the Vac/Boost is where I would really like Analog. I watched a couple videos of the SGC-1 and had to laugh because they had still put an Analog Boost gauge right next to it. Like the Boost gauge in digital on the gauge wasn't enough.

I have one of these but haven't installed it.
It was running on a 940t here in Australia just fine I'm told.
Sensors can go bad on them but replacements aren't too expensive
They have a datalogger too!

The afr bounce weirded me out at first, but I deal with it because racecar? Or something. It’s really not a big deal, and on my gauge the auto dimming works really good so it’s even less apparent at night time somehow.

Far. Nice happens on analogue dials too. What car are you running it on and did you come across any issues during install that perhaps I could avoid?

I have one. Worth the money, considering if you put a manual boost controller you should a calibrated boost gauge and air/fuel ration gauge anyway. The programming is pretty simple as well.

Thanks all 4 the input. Just placed my order. I realize I have an analog gauge on the dash. Good to go. We'll see how long it takes me to blow this thing up! I just got it back together too! Looking for a new block just in case.

Last edited:
Back