• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

300 Badge Time?

Hi Kyle! I saw! Makes me miss portland Volvo shens.
Me too! I don't do Volvo shenanigans much anymore at all. Do you remember specs for your setup at that time, by any chance? I can add more information to my notes.

That comparative graph is very interesting.
Indeed! Non-turbo has the best powerband of all! Well, it's somewhat boring I guess with that flat flat torque curve. :lol: But really, it's a little misleading as Harald's setup isn't dialed in, and neither was Poik's, I'm sure. Harald's wants to keep going to 7500rpm or more, then his powerband won't be so skinny. Hopefully some more tuning and boost control helps get the party started a little sooner as well, but I'm sure it feels really fun right now as the power just keeps climbing as the rpm climb.

Me too! I don't do Volvo shenanigans much anymore at all. Do you remember specs for your setup at that time, by any chance? I can add more information to my notes.

let's see. if i recall correctly:
b21ft/m46/kjet
T cam
15g/90+
b21F intake
2.5" straight pipe exhaust

unsure about:
NPR intercooler
740t in-tank pump
shimmed up fuel dizzy

Improved response. For all the problems I had with the GTX, time to boost above the threshold was instant compared to a journal bearing turbo.

Improved response. For all the problems I had with the GTX, time to boost above the threshold was instant compared to a journal bearing turbo.
That sounds nice. I assume you are comparing when you had the GTX to when you had the journal bearing turbo(the current one?) on the 8V, and not with how it is responding now on the 16V without boost control and it's own, higher rpm setup?

I'm comparing the GTX to something closer in size, like a TD04HL. The difference is not gigantic, but it certainly is noticeable.

Last December. Well done sir.

41229C37-836E-477D-8FDB-F895DDA839AD-M.jpg

Back