• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle242GT's 1959 5.044

Well, this sure seemed like a great idea when I started out.

Wife and older son helped remove the hood, then the fan/shroud, seats/dash.

Then it got interesting.

Attachments

• DSC07112.JPG
    DSC07112.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC07114.JPG
    DSC07114.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC07117.jpg
    DSC07117.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC07119.jpg
    DSC07119.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC07118.JPG
    DSC07118.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 522
I guess this temp gauge is toast? Bimetal type with the hard line, business end is AWOL.

Found I have a BBK Gripp clutch quadrant, I guess that's cool.

In the off chance any one watching knows these cars, any clue what the white/red wire in the O2 harness is? //edit - low oil level sender: http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/mustangO2Harness.gif Man I love the internet sometimes.

SO MANY WIRES :run:

Did manage to successfully trace back and excise the AC WOT cutout relay. Funny to see, car has the relay and wiring but no AC. Ah Ford, gotta love that assembly line. Felt like progress, snipping off wires at the ECU. Measure twice, cut once. Computer in the garage is critical!! ;-)

Attachments

• DSC07123.JPG
    DSC07123.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 520
  • DSC07121.JPG
    DSC07121.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC07120.JPG
    DSC07120.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC07116.JPG
    DSC07116.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
If it is a GT, I would almost bet money that it started life with AC. On that note, I've never seen a late model fox without it, even the basest of the base LX.

If it is a GT, I would almost bet money that it started life with AC. On that note, I've never seen a late model fox without it, even the basest of the base LX.

:e-shrug: I was surprised too! No AC button on the HVAC controls, no condenser, no holes where lines used to be. Who can say... this thing is seriously f*cked up, if I had bought it for a fixer, I'd be pissed. Floors dented and crushed, prior crash damage on both front inner fenders, ahh the joys of swimming in the shallow end of the price spectrum. :roll:

Should just be an option for the knob on the far right, 'min ac' or 'max ac'. I've been wrong before, but I even googled it and there is no mention of a factory AC delete fox body. Cali would be the place it came from if there was an AC delete car though.

Should just be an option for the knob on the far right, 'min ac' or 'max ac'. I've been wrong before, but I even googled it and there is no mention of a factory AC delete fox body. Cali would be the place it came from if there was an AC delete car though.

come at me bro

Attachments

• DSC07124.jpg
    DSC07124.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 516
This is me serving you, esse.

Tempted to somehow retrofit the HVAC head unit into the 544. I've always liked the simplicity of the Ford setup, and the lack of sliders. Hard to get my brain around how to get the blend air doors working... down the road he punts again.

Wondering now about the rear axle situation. If I can keep the 544 master, horribly located though it is, then the brakes and all that are okay. If so, maybe I'll cut/splice the axles and run the 544 rear until it blows up.

Wondering now about the rear axle situation. If I can keep the 544 master, horribly located though it is, then the brakes and all that are okay. If so, maybe I'll cut/splice the axles and run the 544 rear until it blows up.

pet4010BPA-lg.jpg

Step your game up son. Otherwise.

driver-side-view-opt.jpg

Step your game up son. Otherwise. ]
haha, trust me, that's heavy on my mind. Every time I start a major project I wonder if I'm going to be the guy that makes a mess and can't finish it.

//edit, and I don't have the floor-to-street clearance for that master, Clarence.

For the clutch/brake pedals, have to see how that shakes out. Strikes me that a floor-pivot brake and firewall pivot clutch might be a screwy set of circumstances. Thinking I might take the Mustang pedal cluster, master, whole shebang. Power brakes would be a bit of a downer, but with a 500# weight gain (WAG) I suppose a good idea. Then I may as well have power steering, no?

:poo:

Some dope links, so I can find them later when I'm at :ninja: work :ninja:
http://oldfuelinjection.com/?p=6
http://midnightdsigns.com/Mustang/EFI Swap - Wiring.htm

This is a major undertaking, but I'm feeling good about this.

Best part will be getting 30mpg when I'm done. LIKE A BOSS.

I bet the folks over at HAMB would be able to guide you on the master cylinder clearance issue, just don't go into any details on the rest of the project :) They're good at hiding amenities.

Wow, just found this thread and am officially subscribing to it. Can't wait to see your progress on this!
I will live vicariously through you (through this thread) for the next few months while I'm not able to work on my swap.

Have had a couple folks by to look at the PV's engine/trans. Spent some time today balancing and adjusting the carbs, checked the valves, timing, etc. Not sexy, but pays (hopefully) to have it running its best. Funny how well it responded to a minor tune up.

Then halfheartedly dug back into the wiring on the mustang.

Man, this is not for the faint of heart. I feel like I'd have been ahead to just MS it, hours into digesting the wiring, figuring out what goes where, etc. Lots of good online resources, but it's still slow going.

Car still starts and runs and drives, even at this stage, which is pretty cool.

Sold $40 of parts yesterday :party: so now I'm really saving money.

On vacation this weekend, back for one, then gone for two, so progress will slow even further. That's cool though, didn't mean this to be a quickie.

Attachments

• DSC07131.JPG
    DSC07131.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 452
I used to have the TSMs for those things, I'd pass it on if I still did.

You'll figure it out though. MS is probably not a bad route, I think Ford used decent harnesses but its still getting old at this point.

In other news, I'm trying to convince my fiancee to buy me a fox. I'm sweating a black '88 GT with t-tops. She gets a rock, I deserve some leaky '80s t-tops.

Looks like that'd be my path to megasquirt tuning and boost support. But I still have to figure out the wiring.

If I take it slow, I should be able to source pretty much all the wiring from the donor, ECU included. One of the slick things about it is it's sequential injection.

I wonder what the 5.0 guys do when they turbo... eh, down the road.

Back