• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's 360 85'

Mr.Borrie

The Sneaky F*ing Ukrainian
Funny story how i got this car.
I decided to make some room so i put my Volvo 66 Combi for sale and got a buyer who wanted to give me some cash plus a Volvo 340 for parts i could use for my volvo 360 cup car. Not really a way to clean out the garage but at least i could park this car on the road. and got me some cash.

Then i decided the 340 was to nice to part out since its was a taxfree model and they are becoming too rare to just part out for my cup car and by joke i posted up on a volvo 300 forum if anyone would be interested in trading a tax free 340 with full year MOT for a junk 360.

This guy replied that he had this junk Volvo 360 with B19 engine a broken carb on it he wanted to trade for the 340. I was like, sure i'm gonna need parts so if i can make him happy with a 340 he can use all is good. besides a 360 has more parts i can use the 340 has different engine and tranny

Now here's the problem it turns out this was Volvo 360 also tax free and has no rust at all unlike my 360 i'm building up. All it would need is a B200 Engine with injection and the mods for the Cup and i'd have myself a nice backup 360 in case i crash mine at the track.

here's a pic of the car when the owner went on this rally called the garbagerun. the foglights and other bits where taken of the car so i got a striped version of the one you can see in the pic

2gv292o.jpg

So here i was having another 360 with a broken carb and the wrong engine but the correct tranny and way less rust. All i needed really where parts that i could use to take of the bits to make it legal for the Volvo 360 cup. Something like well i dunno a parts-car with the correct engine and ignition. Hu wai wait.. did i just picked one up that i can use.. well yes i did

fotoap.jpg

So that's how i went from cleaning up a car and making some space into owning 2 new cars

I'm Borrie and yes I am an addict !

With love for loempia's ! :nod:

Good god, and then to think that's I'm actually looking for an asian girl. But from the conversation i had with that woman behind the counter at the chineeeess food restaurant that's never going to work... come to think of it she understood me just as well as that woman from dude where's my car

nice project! love 360's!

Did you see my 360 Cup build?

Replaced a few spark plug lines and took the battery from the 144 to see what i actually picked up this weekend.
its suppose to be a good engine and tranny just the propshaft was broken. when i picked the car up the owner was not even there and the brakes where rusted solid.

Here's a vid of the startup, warning if you dont like the sound of metal shaving do not play

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcqZDWQTkVM?hl=nl&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcqZDWQTkVM?hl=nl&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit:
you know i actually was thinking, what is that sound so i went back to check again what the box does.
Well seems when i engage the clutch the sound goes sort of away and when reving the engine it actually does not sound too bad.
Looks like the engine is okay, but i dont get why the prop should make noises when its not in gear

Last edited:
Uh right, i really know crap about 300's :oops:
Btw do you have those koni's and LR shocks left for me? the would fit this GLS nicely

Yeah i do all my projects LIKE A BOSS

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NisCkxU544c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Forgot all about this car till i got a letter from the government that inspection is due, jikes no running car parked for months now.
I digged up a manifold from the 242 from 78 of my friend that has been parked for 3 years used to run on LPG.
swapped all the bits over and replaced the petrolbucked on the carb (started leaking) did some other small bits and drove it away!
really pleased with the results of a sunday's work. have to fix a few things on the car like a broken doorhandle but i think inspection wont be big problem.

img3045e.jpg

img3042ff.jpg

img3043k.jpg

img3044o.jpg

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6zm1pcQEH0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6P3iofQAB-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Had a hard time replacing the door handle on the driver side. i had 2 spare door, the first door handle broke of during putting it back leaving me with one good door. i decided not to risk it and swapped over the entire door blue with key. Its gonna be all gray anyway so it does not really mater to me.

glsdeur.jpg

@ Ruben, unless you can trade me a taxfree 2 door 360 or a taxfree 745 (to replace the 945) i dont see why i should sell/trade the car. its not great to look at but its solid as a rock and all the essential bits that can be replaced have been replaced on this 360GLS so its a good car to keep around. Race at Zolder is a 19th of July

Those doorhandles are crap.
I broke mine as well when I still owned a 340, not that hard to replace. I also replaced my old lock so I could still use the original key. After I figured out how it worked the job was done in a heartbeat!

you might wanna tell me more about it? i still have the door and the lock here.
Only reason i did it was cause my inspection expired and i wanted to go NOW.. turns out i had a whole weekend looking back ;-)

Back