• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New in town!

dirtlip

Hey Y'all!

Am a new Volvo owner and just joined the board today. My personal vehicle is an '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, in which I'm about to break in a new motor I built this weekend, and learned SO MUCH along the way from the Full Size Jeep forums (ifsja.org and fsjnetwork.com).

Anyway, our daily ride was a high-mileage 2006 Mercedes E350 wagon, and the repair costs were astronomical. I think I know my way around a machine a little bit, but just to do the pads in that car you needed a $1000 computer to release the calipers. Long story short, we felt that an older Volvo would hit the spot. Get 20+ MPG, haul stuff, and I can work on it while teaching my better half how to do it.

We picked up a '92 240 wagon, 204,000 miles. Brake hose just went 3 weeks in and was super easy to fix. Was looking around for forums that seem like the ones that have been indispensable for the Jeep, this seems like it.

Anyway, a long way to say 'Nice to meet ya!'

Will be asking mostly questions at first so bear with me. As I get my bearings in Volvoland I hope to be able to contribute a bit.

Thanks to you all for being a part of this!

Hey Y'all!

Am a new Volvo owner and just joined the board today. My personal vehicle is an '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, in which I'm about to break in a new motor I built this weekend, and learned SO MUCH along the way from the Full Size Jeep forums (ifsja.org and fsjnetwork.com).

Anyway, our daily ride was a high-mileage 2006 Mercedes E350 wagon, and the repair costs were astronomical. I think I know my way around a machine a little bit, but just to do the pads in that car you needed a $1000 computer to release the calipers. Long story short, we felt that an older Volvo would hit the spot. Get 20+ MPG, haul stuff, and I can work on it while teaching my better half how to do it.

We picked up a '92 240 wagon, 204,000 miles. Brake hose just went 3 weeks in and was super easy to fix. Was looking around for forums that seem like the ones that have been indispensable for the Jeep, this seems like it.

Anyway, a long way to say 'Nice to meet ya!'

Will be asking mostly questions at first so bear with me. As I get my bearings in Volvoland I hope to be able to contribute a bit.

Thanks to you all for being a part of this!

The best volvo

Welcome. Portland has a strong Volvo following. IPD is at the airport. Local events include the IPD Garage Sale and Volvo?s in the Hood, among others.

Back